cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just renewed contract but not offered Unlimited Fibre Extra

froggy666uk
Dabbler

Just renewed contract but not offered Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi, I've just renewed my contract for another 18 months after my old contract expired.  I was on Unlimited Fibre Extra, with the following details:

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 38 - 54Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 7 - 10Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 31.8Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 64Mbps

When renewing though I was only offered Unlimited Fibre, with an estimated download range up to 40Mbps.  

Is Unlimited Fibre capped at 40Mbps?  I'm currently connected at 64Mbps on Extra, so would obviously prefer to keep this speed.

My account username is [Removed].

The new monthly payment is slightly more than I was paying before which I can put up with for the same service, but not for a package which is slower!

Cheers,

Dave.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Just renewed contract but not offered Unlimited Fibre Extra

Unlimited Fibre is capped at 40mbps

Did you get an email after renewing your contract? The email would normally tell you which package you’ve signed up on as well as when it begins from 

froggy666uk
Dabbler

Re: Just renewed contract but not offered Unlimited Fibre Extra

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, email confirmed it was just unlimited fibre.  Spoke to customer services this morning and they have bumped me back up to extra for no extra charge - reason it wasn't offered on the website was due to my line being just under the borderline for the higher rate, even though I'd been happily connected at 64Mbps before hand.

All sorted then:)

Cheers,

Dave.