cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined but no meaningful updates for a week...

InternetPlumber
Hooked

Just joined but no meaningful updates for a week...

Hello!

I joined plusnet last week (23/09), switching from another provider. 

I am keeping an eye on the tracker but it keeps displaying a very vague message:

Sit back and relax, we're taking care of your order.
Phone
Anytime International 300
Your order is being prepared

We've got everything we need to place your phone order. We'll process this shortly.

Broadband
Unlimited Fibre Broadband
Your order is being prepared

We've got everything we need to place your broadband order. We'll process this shortly.

which is not terribly helpful or informative. After a week I was expecting to know something more...

How can I know when the router will arrive, when/how the fibre will reach my house and finally my go-live date?

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Just joined but no meaningful updates for a week...

@InternetPlumber 

A staff member should come along in due course and provide an answer. However, in the short term try your phone number in the DSLChecker

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Is there anything about an Open Order in the narrative after the results.

Brian

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @InternetPlumber

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused and have updated your ticket here

Kind Regards

InternetPlumber
Hooked

Hi @OllieC ,

thank you very much for your reply. I did reply to the ticket, confirming I wanted to go ahead and now from the tracker I can see:

You don't have an order in progress
If you need help with your account, why not ask Jess - our Virtual Assistant? Alternatively, you could chat with other customers in our Community, or if you'd prefer, Contact Us.

If you want to manage your account, go to the Member Centre.

I am really disappointed. I tried to call somebody this morning since 9AM, but the waiting time is at least 10 minutes and there is no operator available on the chat.

I am now waiting for my order to be placed, then I have to wait at least 10 working days...

Honestly I was expecting better from Plusnet.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @InternetPlumber

I have updated your ticket here

Kind Regards

InternetPlumber
Hooked

Hello again,

still having issues getting updates. The order tracker still shows:

You don't have an order in progress

If you need help with your account, why not ask Jess - our Virtual Assistant? Alternatively, you could chat with other customers in our Community, or if you'd prefer, Contact Us.

If you want to manage your account, go to the Member Centre.

But the index_portal shows:

Welcome

Your order is currently being processed.

See below for the next steps.

and there is a ticket showing:

"The broadband order has been delayed as it's currently with the network planning team. Please monitor and keep the customer updated."

I had a confirmation from the previous provider that my broadband is going to be terminated on the 15/10 and I don't want to be without phone and internet.

Saying I am disappointed and confused is an understatement. 

Has the help team given up on providing me with any support here?

Thank you

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Alas you seem to the the cause of your problsms!

If you have asked your previous provider to cancel services, then no ISP will be able to place orders on the same line until the cease is completed on the 15th.

Letting a new provider do all the changes would have avoided the delays, and is what you should have done.

InternetPlumber
Hooked

Hi @Mustrum 

I actually haven't contacted directly my ISP Smiley

I just switched to Plusnet, and they started the process asking (as expected) the termination of my contract with the current provider. 

On the other hand I am not sure about what's happening on the plusnet side, which is really bad and different sections of the website keep giving me conflicting information about whether there is order in progress...

Mustrum
Community Veteran

@InternetPlumber  ah, sorry, I thought when you mentioned the 15/10 you had cancelled.

It sounds then like things are progressing, guess you just need PN to share the info Roll_eyes

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@InternetPlumber,

We've tried to explain this on the ticket previously but your current provider have placed a cease on your line which is due to complete on the 15th. This is preventing us using the 'switch' service. You'll need to contact them to cancel this cease so we can process the switch, or we'll need to wait until this complete and place a restart of the services. Be aware that waiting until the 15th and restarting the line will cause a period of downtime of around 4-5 working days and there will be no way that we can speed up this process. 

InternetPlumber
Hooked

Hi @JOLO ,

thank for getting back to me, the ticket is unclear and does not really provide any explanation.

Let me take a step back.

I never asked the cease on the line from my ISP, I never got in touch with my current provider. Plusnet did as part of the process.

I just signed for a fibre broadband with Plusnet.

Plusnet made it clear that "If you have a working phone line, then simply sign up to one of our packages and we’ll do the rest. Your broadband and phone will both be switched over in as little as 10 working days from the date of your order."

Plusnet contacted my current provider, which mailed me confirming the cessation of the service on the 15th October.

Now you Plusnet are asking me to get in touch with my provider to ask them to stop a process that you have triggered or initiated? 

Could I please have see some of this famous customer service attitude that cannot help but help please?

I am really close to just give up and leave Plusnet before even starting.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ InternetPlumber,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've left a voicemail on your mobile advising I had called you today to discuss your order.

I am very sorry to hear of the provisioning delay and apologise sincerely for any misunderstanding about this and any inconvenience this may be causing you.

I have looked into this and have responded here.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF