Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Signed Up To Plusnet - Now Wishing I Hadn't

FIXED
Peanuts
Hooked

Just Signed Up To Plusnet - Now Wishing I Hadn't

Placed an order with Plusnet on 24 October for unlimited broadband and phone.

Got an email on 29 October which stated :-

"We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.

We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly."

Since then nothing. Phoned today and was held in a queue and told it would take 60 minutes to be put through! I then tried a webchat and after typing in my problem i got this response :-

"Sorry a Plusnet chat agent isn’t available at the minute, please refresh the page to try again. Chat is available 7 days a week from 7.30am – 10pm."

What on earth is going on at Plusnet. Would i be better signing up to another provider with a better customer service? They're certainly not "Doing me proud"

How on earth do I get this resolved?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) All caps title removed as per Forum rules

20 REPLIES 20
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: JUST SIGNED UP TO PLUSNET - NOW WISHING I HADN'T!

@Peanuts

While you're waiting put your phone number in this..  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/.. and check what it says. Your kind of initial message is sometimes issued if there has been an "incomplete termination" from the previous user of the number. Have you moved house?

Also bear in mind that PN are at the mercy of Openreach with all this, and communications from OR aren't the most perfect in the world! Any ISP that uses the BT backbone will have the same frustrations.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Peanuts wrote:
. Would i be better signing up to another provider with a better customer service? They're certainly not "Doing me proud"

If you want to go down this route then you have 14 days to cancel penalty free from the day you sign up, which by my calculation is today!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

HI @Peanuts,

I'm sorry you've been having problems with your orders, getting through to us and getting your services activated. 

I've had a look into this matter for you and it looks like your service is currently with another provider on our network. If you'd like I can get the Plusnet account up and running (and usable) today, you'll have to use your current router until the Plusnet one arrives (we can help with setup to change the details), or I can order the Plusnet router manually and once you confirm it's received I can activate everything. You can also choose to cancel the Plusnet account if you wish to do so, and I'll happily arrange that for you too. 

Let me know how you wish to proceed. 

Dips
Hooked

HI

I've just signed up as well on 2/11 and also showing problem with the line?? I am due to go live on 16/11/2018

Peanuts
Hooked

Hi Jolo

If you could get my service up and running today using my current router that would be great. Will my phone line switch over today too?

Please also order the Plusnet router too.

But, why has it taken me to post my complaint on the community to get this actioned. It has been 10 days since you sent me the email saying there was a problem with my line. The service was supposed to be up and running yesterday. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Peanuts,

That's all done. The account is active, the services switched and the router ordered. There is a change I need to make, but this can happen in the background and will not affect your services (it's just an administrative change on the line). You'll still be able to connect currently using your old details but when that connection drops it will not allow you to connect. The details in your current router will need changing over to:

USERNAME@plusdsl.net and the account password (these are the same details as you use to log into the portal).

If you're unsure how to action this in your router if you could please let us know what make and model of router you have we can provide instructions. 

@Dips,

Do you want your services on the 16th or sooner? Again I can get this live today, or on a future date (for example when the PN router arrives).

I'll explain to you both that the 'problem with the line' errors are because we already own the services as a company and our systems then get confused because it doesn't understand how that's possible. It spits a ticket out and then a human should manually fix everything. Obviously, at the moment we're extremely busy and doing everything we can to reduce calls and resolve problems, but there is some delay which is what you will have both experienced during this process.

Dips
Hooked

Thanks JOLO

I would prefer 16/11/2018 as activation date as my contract ends with JL Broadband on this date, I have to honour my current contact until then. BUT I am now clear why this happens and understand this better.

Also I am upgrading to fibre with you from my current provider well..

Thanks.

Ps I've received my confirmation letter from PN this morning.

So if I do not receive my router from you a few days from activation date I will post it here again for you attention.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dips,

Because of the problems you've had we can sort it so this doesn't need to be honoured if you'd prefer this (we can do this as we manage the JL accounts here). 

If not I'll keep this post to one side and make sure on the 16th everything moves smoothly for you. 

Peanuts
Hooked

Hi Jolo

Not quite sure how to do this. Just went into my routers settings and it wont let me change the username.

My current router is a Sagem 2704N. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @Peanuts

If it's 2704n router then the easiest way is to follow the instructions below

Browse to 192.168.1.254. 

Click basic settings. If the router asks you to log in then enter the admin password located on the bottom of the router.

Once in the basic settings screen click disconnect.

Enter broadband username and password for your Plusnet account. Click connect.

This should enable you to connect to the new service. 

Dips
Hooked

Will wait till 16th November 2018 ( router is on its way email confirmation received)

Is it correct that I will not need to change anything when we upgrade to Extra fibre from PN from my current JL broadband?

Many thanks

Dips

PS: please keep an eye on it if possible

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dips,

No problems. I'll check it on the 16th to make the swap over completes as planned. Can you clarify what you mean by 'change anything'. I'd suggest using the new router, but you're able to continue using your current router (saving the new one as a spare). If you choose to do this you will require to update the username and password in the router to connect to the PN account instead of the JL account. 

If you use our router then it should set itself up automatically as long as you follow the instructions. 

Dips
Hooked

Hi

All I meant was because I am on "fibre" with JL and upgrading to "extra fibre" with you nothing needs to be done to my side of the line socket and that this upgrade is in the hands of openreach?Huh

my current router is a Zyxel I can log in and change the login details to PL setting when/if required!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dips,

Ah okay I understand now. Yeah, you don't need to do anything at all. On the 16th when I check I'll give you a heads up when everything changes over so you can update the details.