cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Joined - Loads of Questions!

Faisal787
Dabbler

Just Joined - Loads of Questions!

Hi, I just signed up to PlusNet but have quite a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. I signed up via uSwitch and it said £75 cashback, when / how will I get this?

2. I want to keep my existing landline number and port it over to plusnet, can someone check my account to see if this porting request is in place properly (I like to be extra sure since I have had this number for 20 years and can't afford to lose it).

3. When is my go live date?

4. I got a e-mail from Plusnet saying the line speeds but it is missing the actual line speeds from it! See attached image, how do I get a copy of my minimum guranteed speed in writing?

7 REPLIES 7
Faisal787
Dabbler

Re: Just Joined - Loads of Questions!

Just got a text from PlusNet saying "Your order is processing.  Your broadband and phone should activate on the ."

Another communication from PlusNet with empty variables :(.  Can someone please let me know when the actual activation date is?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Faisal787

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We're really sorry for any confusion caused. I have provided an update for you here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Kind Regards

Faisal787
Dabbler

Thanks I will wait for the activation date, will an engineer need to be sent out or is it just router delivery that is plug and play?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It's just a plug and play situation, @Faisal787

If you need us for anything else. 

Please feel free to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards

Faisal787
Dabbler

Great, thanks for that.

One thing that no one has been able to confirm to me yet is whether the landline port request is properly on the order.  I can see from my account that my current landline displays there so that looks correct to me.

But I originally signed up to TalkTalk and they cancelled the order saying they can't port the landline number over with no explanation.  I asked Sky (my current provider) and they said there is no reason why they can't port the landline number over.  So I decided to not bother with TalkTalk and signed up to PlusNet instead.

I just want to make sure PlusNet have the landline number request as part of the order (i.e. to transfer it over to PlusNet so my landline number stays the same).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

HI @Faisal787,

Yep the port's been put through and you should see the number on the order confirmation emails sent to you just double check this to make sure this is the correct number - It should be but just to put your mind at ease. The order is all progressing fine for completion on the date we advised a couple of days ago.

I'm not sure why TT said they couldn't port it across as the original range holder for the line is BT, and even if it wasn't both Talk Talk and Sky operate on the LLU service so I'd imagine it should be a simple like for like transfer, although maybe they have their own individual restrictions that I'm not aware of.

Faisal787
Dabbler

Great thanks, I did try to get it out of them but no one could answer me.

Anyway, who cares now I'm with PlusNet :).