cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumped ship from Virgin - what am I letting myself in for

nickclack
Dabbler

Re: Jumped ship from Virgin - what am I letting myself in for

Okay, a few days in and I am appalled by the Plusnet quality of Fibre, everything is dropping, it is a nightmare.

I have been exceptionally patient, waited over a month for this Fibre and first few days in the broadband is simply unconnecting, getting orange and red lights all the time today. Tried to get my son's PS4 updated today over WiFi to download updates and the speed was dire then completely shutdown.

I really am losing patience.........

nickclack
Dabbler

@Anoush

Surprise, surprise, Aprils bill is for £30. There is no Bob Hope I am paying £30 upfront when I put my order in on 28th Feb PLUS £25 activation FEE!. My line takes until the 23rd March to go live and I have a line with problems already for 11 days and Plusnet are going to charge me another £30!.

I have to say I have read loads of other posts from new customers who have been charged in a similar way, you said I would get a pro rata discount, well guess what I am wasting more time bringing this to attention.

This whole experience is really getting to be a lot worse that Virgin, at least I took them to Court and I have had a ruling against them for over £1000 in damages.

So to focus the mind, I am today lodging a complaint with OFTEL and Office of Fair Trading, asking them to look at the whole of this. The first payment already taken on 28/2 should include the 1st months line which went live on the 23rd March. That should take me to 23rd April when I should be billed for the next month.

Plusnet, this is not rocket science!

As soon as I have references from OFTEL and OFT for my complaint I will add these to this thread

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there, I've raised this ticket on to your account with detail about this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nickclack
Dabbler

@Anoush I have replied to that ticket

nickclack
Dabbler

@Anoush Another month has passed and another month WAITING for my refund. There was NO REFUND applied as you suggested and May is again £30. I have made an official complaint to OFTEL and Office of Fair Trading regarding this, I did warn you! I am sending communication to the following people at Plusnet Andy Baker CEO and David Leather COO outlining the hassles I have had with being a new customer and putting the whole experience ONLINE for all to see.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Nick.

I am really sorry to hear you haven't received your refund. I've reviewed your account and I can see what's happened. I've re opened the ticket on your account with more details. I apologise for the frustration this caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet