Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the endless wait for activation band wagon

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Joining the endless wait for activation band wagon

@jk2030 wrote:

So realistically had we left it as is against your recommendations and waited for the cancellation be sorted at 10th April - would you have managed to get us connected to yourselves sooner than 13th April and save us £90? 

Highly unlikely I'm afraid.

If the cease sent through, we would have needed to restart the stopped line which can take 1 to 4 working days, and then place a fibre order which can take a minimum lead time of 7 days but it can be pushed back due to engineer availability.

Honestly, it doesn't sound right that Sky should be charging you for a full month, they should be providing you with a refund for any overpayment of subscription charges in my opinion.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@jk2030,

Just to add to the background here about the way Ofcom / BTOR / BTw rules seem to call se problems with managing phone lines and services provided over them.

BTOR owns all of the phone lines. BT Wholesale rents those lines to retail ISPs such as Sky, PlusNet and BT Retail to name but 3.

LLU providers such as Sky and Talk Talk have the local phone lines patched over to their equipment within the exchange.  For WBC users such as PlusNet and BT Retail the local lines are patched into BTw's back end equipment.  "The rules" permit there to be only ever one open order on a line.  A retail ISP's instruction to cease a service is treated as an order - whilst that order is open, no other ISP retailer / supplier can place an order on that line.

In your situation, giving Sky a termination date for your service totally inhibits ANY other supplier placing an order on your line.  Further the line cease releases all of the assets - the phone number - fiber connection in the cabinet and the d&e side pairs.  In areas of high demand and a shortage of resources all of those existing assets could get allocated to others waiting for service connections.

It is exceedingly dangerous to tell one's existing supplier that you are moving AND specifying a date.  If they do what Sky have done to you then all mayhem can break loose.  Sometimes one wonders if Sky and BT Retail place cease orders as punishment for daring to leave.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Interesting reading this.

I am moving back to Plusnet from SKY. Sky mentioned something about the switch being 17th April when i called them. Plusnet ticket just keeps saying 'order rejected, try again in 24 hours'.

So i presume SKY are rejecting the order. I am now £70 out of pocket and no idea whats happening or when my switch will occur.

I was with plusent for 7 hassle free years, so i'll be patient and see how this unfolds before i start stamping my feet Cheesy

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@higgy1981,

A warm welcome to the forums.

I really do not like the sound of your situation - did you tell Sky you were leaving ... and give them a date?

For migrations to go smoothly the must be ACQUIRING ISP LED.  If the LOOSING ISP (in this case Sky) poke their fingers in by raising a "Service Cease" order then there is nothing your new ISP can do UNTIL AFTER the cease has been actioned.

Consequently you might find that you will be with telephone and broadband services for 2-14 days.

@Anoush - can you please advise if the repeated provision order failure is indeed down to Sky having slapped a cease order on @higgy1981's line?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Update. I got an email saying my order would be placed on 27 or 28th (cant remember which).

I have just received another email, another 'Order rejected'. 

I presume my cooling off period starts when i actually have a service from Plusnet?

Plusnet were great the first time round too Sad

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

No! Cooling off period is 14 days after your original order so of no use if the service takes longer than this to set up.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Noted. I'm guessing I'll have a case if they start taking my direct debit
higgy1981
Rising Star

Someone called it earlier, SKY have cancelled my broadband and i am now without. What a mess!

Engineer provisionally booked for 2nd May. I don't suppose i could be put on an ADSL service until then?

higgy1981
Rising Star

Update.

Thats me at 1 month since i paid all the up front cost and activation for the highest package available.

No telephone line, No Broadband. Supposed to be activated tomorrow and now there is a further delay.

An 'update' is to be provided on the 27th.

Beginning to with i hadn't bothered moving back to Plusnet, what a farce!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

I can see we've been discussing this here too: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/No-fibre-until-May/m-p/1434262#M59052

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.