cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the endless wait for activation band wagon

jk2030

Joining the endless wait for activation band wagon

Ordered 9th March. It's 29th March and I've heard absolutely nothing. Can't believe I've paid that much money to just use Sky while i'm waiting. I hope that the bill payment i've made is only effective from my actual connection being activated. 

How many others are there waiting for their activation on this forum!!!!

24 REPLIES 24
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Joining the endless wait for activation band wagon

Welcome to the forums jk2030

I hope that the bill payment i've made is only effective from my actual connection being activated. 

Yes, the money paid at the time of ordering is not 'used' until the connection goes live. It would be the same if you were moving to or from any other supplier.

FWIW, the 20 days difference from your order date to your provisioned go live date was the same as ours - 20 days...Huh

jk2030

FWIW, the 20 days difference from your order date to your provisioned go live date was the same as ours - 20 days...Huh

Well I'm glad I'm not a huge exception but it's a shame that it's become a common occurrence and almost considered the norm from plusnet. What I'm finding rather rude is how it's been 20 days and we haven't even been informed that there is a delay of some sort. All I know is that they've taken our money and they've received it - nothing else!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @jk2030 first of all a warm welcome to the community forums.

I am really sorry to hear you haven't heard from us since creating your account. I've investigated this and it appears our system has failed to automatically place your order with our suppliers

I'm raising your ticket you've opened to our Provisioning team. We'll manually place the order for you and we'll let you know within the next 48 hours of your activation date.

I can confirm the subscription charges you've paid in your initial fee essentially forms the first month once you're live.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jk2030

I am really sorry to hear you haven't heard from us since creating your account. I've investigated this and it appears our system has failed to automatically place your order with our suppliers

I'm raising your ticket you've opened to our Provisioning team. We'll manually place the order for you and we'll let you know within the next 48 hours of your activation date.

Thank you for getting in touch but this is rather disturbing. Had I not made the effort to register on the forum and raise this issue the order may have not happened at all, in the meantime keeping hold of my money! 

When it says "failed to automatically place your order" it implies that absolutely nothing has been done since I placed my order. Perhaps it's better practice and something I may advise to anyone considering plusnet to start calling, emailing and posting on forums within 24hours of ordering otherwise nobody actually does anything with the order. 

I can see that another 10 days will be required to have virtually anything done because as it stands the process is being treated as if I made the purchase today instead 20 days ago. 

How does the complaints procedure work? Is it via email or phone? I shall take into account the default 20 days of no one processing the initial order before it gets flagged up by me personally

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've started to place your order @jk2030 and I've noticed there's a pending cease on the line. We won't be able to transfer your services over to Plusnet until the cease is either cancelled or goes through.

If you can I'd recommend getting in touch with your current provider and ask them to cancel the cease order.

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jk2030

Right so I've had to call sky and they can either process the cease which will take until 10th April or I cancel the cease and leave it to you to handle the transfer. I've chosen to cancel the cease in the hope plusnet will sort the internet earlier than that. Therefore I will be with sky technically waiting for the transfer.

As a result I've had to pay an additional £90 to pay another month with sky because the TV has to be re-activated with the broadband. All i can say is that this has been an admin nightmare. My concern is no longer the lack of communication but the amount of additional money this is costing me. 

So i'm back with sky thus the broadband cease has been cancelled. Plusnet - you can transfer the services now. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Alas it would seem the problem is of your own making. For future reference, always let the new provider make the running, and don't cancel with your old one when broadband is concerned, as there can only ever be one order on a line at a time. 

Quite how you are meant to go about it when you have TV as well is more complicated, and may take more careful planning to only cancel the TVs with your old provider, and let the new one take care of the broadband transfer.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me @jk2030

I've now placed the order, we'll confirm the activation date within the next couple days.

It's possible that the pending cease prevented the system from placing the order automatically at the point the account was created. I appreciate we should have sent a notification advising you of this, I apologise for this.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience, @jk2030 your services are committed to go live on the 13th April and the orders can take anytime up to midnight to complete. We'll let you know by text message once it's ready.

jk2030

Thank you for the update. However what I'm not pleased about at all is that Sky originally left the cease pending to be completed 10th April. After contacting yourselves we were told that it's best to cancel this pending order - resulting in Sky getting us to commit to another month thus extending it to 31st April. 

So realistically had we left it as is against your recommendations and waited for the cancellation be sorted at 10th April - would you have managed to get us connected to yourselves sooner than 13th April and save us £90? 

jk2030

@Mustrum wrote:

Alas it would seem the problem is of your own making. For future reference, always let the new provider make the running, and don't cancel with your old one when broadband is concerned, as there can only ever be one order on a line at a time. 

Quite how you are meant to go about it when you have TV as well is more complicated, and may take more careful planning to only cancel the TVs with your old provider, and let the new one take care of the broadband transfer.

Actually this was my original plan. However Sky explicitly said that letting plusnet takeover the internet without cancelling the tv part would not be possible i.e. either you cancel the complete package or pay us both with overlap. I thought the former would be straight forward but it seems the delay was enough to get more money from both of us. 

Considering this is my 3rd household doing this exact process i'm concerned why this is happening. I've cancelled a full sky package and switched over to plusnet smoothly before. I admit switching from a sky, phone and broadband package to talktalk's internet only package was silky smooth so may be it's to do with company relations with telephone providers that make the difference. 

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@jk2030 wrote:

Right so I've had to call sky and they can either process the cease which will take until 10th April or I cancel the cease and leave it to you to handle the transfer. I've chosen to cancel the cease in the hope plusnet will sort the internet earlier than that. Therefore I will be with sky technically waiting for the transfer.

As a result I've had to pay an additional £90 to pay another month with sky because the TV has to be re-activated with the broadband. All i can say is that this has been an admin nightmare. My concern is no longer the lack of communication but the amount of additional money this is costing me.

So i'm back with sky thus the broadband cease has been cancelled. Plusnet - you can transfer the services now.

I have no idea if Sky rightly cancelling the cease request comes with a 14 day cooling off period, but guess it's possible, thus the new date of the 13/04 has been mentioned....?

Just to clarify, being as I moved from Sky (with home phone, BB and TV) - If you're out of contract and you wish to leave them, then the phone and BB will move without an major issues, however the TV has a 30 day cancellation period. Therefore you would need to pay $ky anyway (edit to add) for the TV if the phone and BB move went ahead before the end of the 30 cancellation period (for the TV).

I have no idea why Sky had to reactivate the TV, but that, assuming you gave 30 days notice, does seem a bit odd!!Crazy2

jk2030

I have no idea if Sky rightly cancelling the cease request comes with a 14 day cooling off period, but guess it's possible, thus the new date of the 13/04 has been mentioned....?

Just to clarify, being as I moved from Sky (with home phone, BB and TV) - If you're out of contract and you wish to leave them, then the phone and BB will move without an major issues, however the TV has a 30 day cancellation period. Therefore you would need to pay $ky anyway (edit to add) for the TV if the phone and BB move went ahead before the end of the 30 cancellation period (for the TV).

I have no idea why Sky had to reactivate the TV, but that, assuming you gave 30 days notice, does seem a bit odd!!Crazy2 

Your thoughts were exactly mine on this. Seeing how I've done this before with no issues this seemed rather baffling. I thought that the tv and broadband could be treated separately but sky seemed adamant that the contract could not be separated - it's also likely that by separating the 2 i will lose some alleged package discount hiking the price of the tv for a further month. 

Regardless I'm just getting impatient and hope this gets sorted soon. Thank you for your input though it's good to know that i'm not the only one finding this rather baffling.