cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet has been a complete disaster

gcunning4

Joining Plusnet has been a complete disaster

I signed up to plusnet at the end of June this year to get phone and fibre broadband services. Unfortunately there has been multiple delays to the switchover from BT with no real explanation given. At the start of October my BT broadband service was cut off (presumably by a failed plusnet takeover attempt) and had to be reinstated by BT.

Meanwhile plusnet switched my phone number from BT, but not by broadband, the problem is that they didn't bother to switch my old phone number over like they were supposed to. So now I am stuck getting phone services from plusnet on one number whilst my broadband is still from BT.

I phoned plusnet this morning to get the number switched back to the original whilst it is still available but the advisor said he couldn't do it without cancelling the fibre order. He put me through to provisions department and said there was no queue, of course there was a queue and I didn't have time for another half hour wait.

Can someone from plusnet who is actually in a position to sort this please sort this out.

1. I want my old (original) phone number back

2. I don't want to be paying bills to both BT and plusnet. As plusnet jumped the gun by installing the phone before broadband could be switched from BT it is up to them to sort this. Even switch me on to copper from plusnet and then upgrade to fibre once available.

This saga has been going on since June and I just want it to be finished.

3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Joining Plusnet has been a complete disaster

The crappy BT Wholesale systems only allow one order to be in progress at a time so I believe the advisor was correct in saying that with the fibre order pending they couldn't do anything about correcting the phone number.

I don't understand why you are still paying BT - either they should get the broadband service re-instated until Plusnet take it over or they should not be charging you!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gcunning4

Still paying bt as they are providing a broadband service (it has already been reinstated)

Yeah I know he was right, I still want my phone number sorted though. I’ve waited four months for fibre I can wait a little longer if needed
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there and I'm sorry to hear of the experience you're having.

1. I want my old (original) phone number back

I can see you've called our support team yesterday and we took steps to reclaim your telephone number, which should've happened by now?

2. I don't want to be paying bills to both BT and plusnet. As plusnet jumped the gun by installing the phone before broadband could be switched from BT it is up to them to sort this. Even switch me on to copper from plusnet and then upgrade to fibre once available.

It looks like our orders kept failing within the BT Wholesale systems, because of problems with their systems.

I've had a conversation with suppliers now and they can confirm that's since been resolved so I'll go ahead and place your fibre order. I'll update you via this ticket soon. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet