cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s been weeks - No router mailed and no switch date?

cirmod

It’s been weeks - No router mailed and no switch date?

Hello, I am a new customer. Signed up several weeks ago. My current provider notified me that my broadband service was suppose to activate on 25 August. I haven’t seen anything from Plusnet. I still have not received a router or activation date from plusnet. Can you please provide an update?
5 REPLIES 5
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: It’s been weeks - No router mailed and no switch date?

Hello, it could well be that your first order was cancelled, mine was. If you haven't heard anything then you might try phoning, but be prepared for a long wait, and record the conversation (ask first though).

looseend
Fixes: 1

If your order was cancelled do they refund the initial payment?

cirmod

Finally spoke with someone today by phone.  Some sort of address mismatch between plusnet and my current carrier.  My existing phone line was disconnected so they have someone coming out to install a new one.  My current broadband still works so no worries hopefully I’ll be online with plusnet soon. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@cirmod  If as you state " My existing phone line was disconnected " how is your broadband still working? There is no reason for you to have a new phoneline installed if you already have a BT line. Are you moving from a Virgin service by any chance?

cirmod

Update:  Because the line was disconnected (no dial tone, but broadband was still working w/ my old provider NowTV), I got a text message a few days back saying a new phone line will be installed on Tuesday and new service will go live by Wednesday.

I got home from work yesterday (Friday) and my NowTV connection was offline.  I called NowTV and they terminated my service, stating that Plusnet told them to do so on Friday.  So... I'm now without Internet for the next 4 days.

I'm not off to a great start.  I'm hoping that all goes well and I'll be up and running by Wednesday.