cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been 4 months!

Catkin

It's been 4 months!

Will try and keep this short...I signed up for fibre broadband and phoneline in March, had a BT engineer visit on 30th March during which he couldn't enter the property because of covid-19. I finally got another engineer visit on 9th July, all the inside stuff was sorted but apparently there was a fault on the line which he said would be fixed that day remotely. Still no broadband the next day so I phoned to be told there was nobody to fix it until Monday 13th July. By the next Friday there was still no broadband so I phoned again to be told they had found a second fault which would be fixed yesterday. Guess what? Still no broadband! All I have been told this time by text (after phoning yet again) is that there will be no updates now until the 27th July. I have really tried to be patient, I have a 4 year old autistic child that I had to go through lockdown with, without broadband. This is getting ridiculous now, why does it seem that OpenReach can only look into these faults on a Monday? Why am I having to wait a week each time a fault is found? If I switch from having fibre to ADSL instead will this still be an issue? Because at this point I just need to get the problem solved.
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: It's been 4 months!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: It's been 4 months!

Thanks for your time on the phone @Catkin it was good to speak with you.

I'm really sorry for the continued delays with your order. As discussed we're to expect an engineer to go out on Friday to investigate further and hopefully you'll be up and running then.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward which normally means I'll follow things up with you straight after but I'm on annual leave from Friday through to Monday so I'll arrange for a colleague to check back in my absence and call on Monday. 

Upon my return I'll follow up and chase this up with our suppliers if you're not online by then. If you've got any further queries or concerns, please feel free to call me back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet