cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with upgrading to unlimited fibre

andyzaitcev

Issues with upgrading to unlimited fibre

A couple of weeks ago I changed my broadband product to Unlimited Fibre Extra. Then I received an email saying that it would be active on 16th November. 

Once I received a new router, I tried to set it up. However, it doesn't seem to be working properly. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but I experience a set of different issues:

• My account doesn't seem to be switched to a new broadband package
  • When connected, the new router may randomly disconnect from broadband. It happens quite often and makes it unusable

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to wait for another email when upgrade is really finished?

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Issues with upgrading to unlimited fibre

Hi @andyzaitcev,

I've had a look into this for you and it looks like there's been a capacity issue which has delayed the order completing when planned. It's already been automatically raised by Openreach and an engineer is due to attend to complete capacity release on the 28th November. At the moment your service is still on ADSL which is what is keeping the speeds the same (you're not being billing for Fibre service yet so don't worry about this). 

andyzaitcev

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this! Do you have any ideas why the router behaves so weirdly? Why does it randomly disconnect? Or it's better to wait until the order is completed and check again?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@andyzaitcev,

It's likely, over the past couple of days particularly, that it's related in some way to the order (in the sense of work being done in the cabs etc,.) 

At the moment I'd wait until the order completes and you're fully on fibre so we can make sure it stabilises.  

andyzaitcev

How do I know when the order is completed? Unless I'm looking at a wrong thing it seems that all work has been completed, but I still haven't received any emails from Plus.net and my account has no changes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see the order is still in progress and we've not received any new updates. I've got in touch with Openreach now and I've been advised that the capacity issue is still on-going, there are still no spare working ports at the cabinet.

The estimated resolution date is this Sunday, so we've been asked to review this next week. I've raised a support ticket on your account, so we can chase for updates where needed, and pass them on to you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet