cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after moving to Plusnet

JA

Issues after moving to Plusnet

I feel your pain - so far it has taken 8 weeks to get me online and yesterday I had an email confirming my average broadband speed in the 2 weeks since PlusNet managed to switch it on - just 0.5Mbps against the minimum guaranteed speed of 2Mbps! I can't get any single person to deal with my queries, every response to my online question thread is from someone else, the customer phone line has a minimum 15 min wait to be answered and the online live chat is offline...  Very frustrating from a company that claim to be all about great customer service.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after split from another thread.

12 REPLIES 12
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Regretting Moving to Plusnet already

@JA

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. Line tests are showing your speed a lot slower than expected. I've reset your line to try and fix this, but retesting your line it doesn't look like it's made a difference. Sad

Can you report the fault to us at http://faults.plus.net please?

Let us know when you've done that so we can get it picked up ASAP.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NetExp
Dabbler

I got excited then that I had a response but realise that you were responding to this other poor person (whose experience fills me with even more dread).
#shouldhavestayedwithsky
JA

So you've looked at the line remotely, and re-set it which doesn't appear to have solved anything and yet I still need to raise a fault.    

Ok I'll roll with it - right up until the automated "fault checker" asks me to plug in another router to test - why would I have another (spare?) router lying about Huh The router is theoretically brand new from you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

and yet I still need to raise a fault.    

That's because we'd need you to run through some checks to rule out the issue to be your internal wiring and equipment.

Ok I'll roll with it - right up until the automated "fault checker" asks me to plug in another router to test - why would I have another (spare?) router lying about Huh The router is theoretically brand new from you.

As your router is brand new and under warranty, I'd recommend skipping that part.

The main check is plugging the router into the test socket as explained below.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JA

Gandalf,

I've raised the fault through the 'fault checker.' although interesting to note that you now "recommend skipping" parts of the process.  I have not plugged anything into the master socket as the BT Openreach Engineer (who has far more qualifications, competence and experience in this area than I do) set the line up, including testing the socket, on 10 Oct.   

I just want to TALK to a human being about resolving the issue and ultimately get the service provision that I have contracted for. 

I look forward to someone from PlusNet customer service picking up a phone, calling me and demonstrating the "award winning customer service" you so like to tell us about...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've only mentioned to skip the part of trying a different router as your router is virtually brand new and under warranty so if an engineer finds the problem lies with a manufacturing defect of the router we'd replace it for you without charge.

For this kind of speed issue, the main internal check is the test socket. This is where you remove the faceplate of the master socket and plug the router into the socket that's in the lower right hand corner, using a microfilter.

If the speed problem remains with your router in the test socket, then we'd need to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, the mods might split the posts but don't forget it's a public forum after all and we did respond to you here yesterday. 

You should see a reply to your fault ticket soon though NetExp

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Issues after moving to Plusnet

Moderator's note:

Split to new thread and title changed to reflect issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

NetExp
Dabbler

Re: Issues after moving to Plusnet

Thank you.

JA

I don't have a test socket.  The router is, and has been since the line was activated, plugged into the master socket but it is not one that has a test socket behind it.  

I have provided this detail on the fault log, and remain optimistic that someone from Plusnet's customer service team will call me to DISCUSS a way forward...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll take a look at your fault ticket 160633757 now.

Expect an update on there soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

I'm just following up here for you @JA and wondering how you're getting on?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet