cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with fibre broadband upgrade

alpatyu77

Issue with fibre broadband upgrade

Hi there,

unsure of this is the right place to post but I’m having an issue with a scheduled upgrade. I was supposed to have been upgraded to fibre on the 18th. I have received my new router but I still haven’t had any notification or message from plusnet saying the switch has happened. So I’m still on slow internet. Is this a common occurrence a problem with my account’s scheduled upgrade?

7 REPLIES 7
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Issue with fibre broadband upgrade

I guess that your on standard ADSL broadband at the moment. Pop your telephone number into the link below and it will show any upgrade to your service and the date of completion.
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and it will show any upgrade to your service and the date of completion.

It used to, but it doesnt show open orders any more!

@alpatyu77 the date you're given initially is the earliest possible date. Often this is delayed due Openreach engineer availability. However, the automated ordering system isn't good at notifying about the delay

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alpatyu77

Ah okay that makes sense, any idea of how long a delay usually is?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Its usually just a few days, but its entirely dependent on engineer availability in your area

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I went from ADSL to fibre a few years ago, and it was three weeks before the switch took place. The Openreach engineer was delayed so could not attend our cabinet on the appointed day, and the next appointment was also cancelled. There was flooding in other areas so engineers were diverted to restore services there; this year Covid precautions don't make things any easier. These things happen and are beyond PNet's control. My ADSL worked perfectly until the changeover, which took place without me realising until I noticed things happening very quickly.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good afternoon @alpatyu77

Thanks for reaching out, just had a quick look into the account and can see that while we did request your FTTC broadband to go live on 18/06/2021, due to engineer availability, this has been pushed back to 21/06/2021. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds