cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the service i can expect?

fphoenix
Dabbler

Is this the service i can expect?

16/09/2016 - I order broadband and landline.
17/09/2016 - I am informed that order cannot be placed as BT have an open order on the line and this is due to be complete on 19th so we will have to wait till then.
20/09/2016 - called for update to be told that my property does not have a line (how is this possible since they couldn't order because the open order on the line in first place).
21/09/2016 - was told to continue to wait as this must be a "stopped line" and waiting for openreach to update system.
21/09/2016 - I'm told a new line needed, and will need yet another day off work for openreach to attend to install the line. They now tell me that it will be 11th October for the engineer to turn up.
23/09/2016 - my phone rings (yes the one that doesn't exist), apparently it's a routing error and I now have someone else's line. I have a dial tone etc.
25/09/2016 - the dial tone has now gone so guessing the poor person who's line I had has had theirs back.
27/09/2016 - I'm now told it will be 4 working days AFTER the pointless engineers visit on 11th Oct that I will finally get broadband.

This is ridiculous, if I would have been told orginally that it would be over a month before I get broadband I would have gone with different ISP who could have sorted it sooner than 15th October.

It took 4 tries for openreach to actually turn up the first time, I'm in a new job and taking all this time off at the very beginning is looking really bad. I'm at my wits end.

Do I have to start complaining on social media to get something done?

Matt
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Is this the service i can expect?

I'm very sorry for the problems you've experienced. Reading over your notes and the account it doesn't seem as smooth as it should have been, although we have placed the right orders for dates as early as possible.

Unfortunately the issue actually stems from the line being ceased, normally we'd transfer this over to ourselves and there would be minimal (or no) downtime, however as there was a cease in place we have to wait for this to complete (as only 1 order can be open at a time) and then place the reactivation once this happens.

In this instance, the cease completed but the line records were not showing and meant we had to place this as a NLI (New Line Install), which requires us to book an engineer as the only spare copper would likely be in use (or at least now will be for our order).

I've actually placed a broadband order to try and match up to the date of your phone activation, due to the type of order these aren't always successful though but if it fails it'll only be the broadband order that fails and we'll be in the same position as previously and have to place this once the phone is activated. So with some luck you'll be online completely on the 10th.

I'll add this info over to the ticket on your account too shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fphoenix
Dabbler

Thank you for getting involved and at least trying to match the order date.

I can't say I'm overly impressed by service so far and while I appreciate that the "errors" are due to openreach my contract is with plus net and not them.

Hopefully your order matching will work and il finally get past these issues.

Matt
fphoenix
Dabbler

Today my "phone line" started working again, even though the engineer is not due for another 11 days to come and install it? On dialling 17070 it gives me the correct number. Wonder if this could mean I could actually get Internet sooner than expected or I still need to wait for the "new line" to be installed.

It's all so confusing.

Matt
fphoenix
Dabbler

Is there a time frame that Plus net reply to tickets?

After all the going backwards and forwards about my line, I would love to know if the working line means that I can get broadband faster than the delayed date?

Also since the phone can make and receive calls does that mean im being charged line rental for this period? I only want to pay once I have broadband since I have no other use for the line, and if im not paying for it, who is?

Thanks

Matthew

fphoenix
Dabbler

So I've just had a reply to my ticket which did not actually address the questions asked and then put straight back on hold.

Seprate email saying that I don't have to be in for engineer as they only need to do work outside the property, I would love to know what work? Also I've been saying a engineer didn't have to visit from the outset but your have now made me screw around my new employer again.

Also perviously they stated the order was delayed as no line present but are willing to accept that line is there now, so why can't it be activated today/tomorrow.

I really can't understand how plus net can say that they are good at customer service as apart from one person on the forum trying to help once I've just had silence or conflicting information.

Already can't wait to end my contract and go else where and it's not even started yet.

Matt
fphoenix
Dabbler

Wow hour ish of hold music to get through to a lady that sounded like she didn't have a clue what was going on (ie starting the call by saying they would have to log a new order for the line).

Needless to say I won't be phoning for answers anymore. Can someone on here answer my questions please.

Matthew
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The orders I placed are still set for the 11th October, however we're now being told no engineer visit is needed to your premises.

Digging in to why you've got a line at the moment, we've been told that Openreach have allocated a temporary line to you (which is extremely rare).

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fphoenix
Dabbler

Thank Chris

Who pays for the bill on this temp line? Do I start paying my line rental from 11th?

Why would I have been given this temp line? I have no use for a home phone, all I want is my internet to work.

This all seems crazy since I have now had a dial tone 3 different times on a line that was told didn't exist. I have now had to screw around my work for the engineers visit that is no longer needed.

What work would need to be done outside my property? Why couldn't this be done instead of the temp line? Or sooner than the 11th?

Thanks
Matthew
fphoenix
Dabbler

Any chance of an update on these questions?
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi fphoenix.

Can you plug your phone into the socket and dial 17070 and it should give you some options and one of them will be to find the number that is attached on the line. Once you have found this can you PM me the number and then just reply to this once it's done.

fphoenix
Dabbler

Hi Ben

PM sent.

Thanks

Matthew

fphoenix
Dabbler

This is getting silly now.

Plus net have just opened another ticket to tell me the date of the 11th but still not actually answered my questions.

Im regretting this order so much.

Matthew

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK so from investigating this further for you it seems that there was a no line plant order placed but our suppliers found a line running to your property and the external work would just be to replace the line.

fphoenix
Dabbler

Thanks Ben

Interesting since it was openreach that installed the line less than a month ago, so why they now need to replace it seems, for want of a better word, suspicious.

Any chance of getting my other questions answered?

Thanks

Matthew