cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a hold up with new routers?

FIXED
jameshmarsden

Is there a hold up with new routers?

My broadband was activated today but the hardware part of my order says 'The order is queued to be sent to the supplier'.

Is there a problem?
19 REPLIES 19
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Is there a hold up with new routers?

Fix

Hello @jameshmarsden Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forum regarding the l;ate dispatch of your router. I've had a look, and can see that the process to get your router sent out was initiated on 06/05/2021, however appears to have become stuck in the system.

I've now initiated the correct RMA process to make our suppliers aware of this issue, and to have the router dispatched as soon as possible. I've also created an open Ticket on your account to make sure a downtime refund is processed, covering the services that you've not been able to use between 20/05/2021, and the date that the router is received.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@adam945 - I've a suspicion this is going to result in two devices being dispatched 😕

The order for the first device was queued late yesterday for dispatch today. The RMA request has likely queued a second device for delivery.

@jameshmarsden - If two devices do turn up, you can arrange return of one of them by printing a returns label and arranging collection from your doorstep. Further details here. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jameshmarsden

Better two than none. Thanks both!
Hogglewood
Hooked

Hi @adam945 , I wonder if I could piggyback on this thread to report that we seem to be having a similar issues.

It has been a good while since the account was opened and the progress tracker appears to have frozen at a certain stage.

Would it be possible to look into this as we are needing to get broadband sorted for the property ASAP!

Thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums @Hogglewood 

Sorry for the lack of communication. From what I can see the order's failed in the supplier systems but the reason why isn't clear at all so I've manually replaced the order and we should be able to confirm your activation date within the next 2 working days. I've also pushed your router through you should receive next week.

Feel free to prod us on Tuesday if you've not heard back and we'll be happy to chase it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hogglewood
Hooked

Amazing @Gandalf , you're a star! Thanks for getting that pushed on for us.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all @Hogglewood

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hogglewood
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf 

Our router came through in the end and the line has apparently been set up and ready to use. However the broadband light wont stop flashing on the router. I've left it for a couple of days and still no change. I've tried different power sockets, different adsl cables, different micro filters. All to no avail...

There is only the one phone socket in the property (small flat) and no landline handset to test the dial tone unfortunately. 
Can you advise what I/you can do next to try and get this working please.

Many thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Hogglewood 

Line tests aren't showing the cause for this, can you try plugging your router into the test socket as explained Here? It'd be behind the faceplate of the master telephone socket to rule out any internal wiring from being an issue.

If you still can't connect to the internet, I'd recommend raising a fault at faults.plus.net posting back afterwards so we can pick this back up as soon as we can and investigate further, likely needing to arrange an engineer visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Flashing what colour?

A telephone handset is essential to facilitating the most basic of diagnostic testing ... is there a dial tone ... is it the right number ... is the line quiet ... are always the first fundamental checks. Argos do a basic phone for £7.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Hogglewood
Hooked

Hi, @Townman,

It's a flashing green light on the router. I've since managed to connect a handset to the line and on the master socket's test port. But I don't hear anything. When I try to make a call all I get is a short chirp of bleeps.  Other than that it's a silent line, no dial tone at all.

Hogglewood
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf ,

I've now managed to try a handset test on the line and test socket. But there is no dial tone at all.

I remember when we first moved to this property (years ago) there was an issue with the broadband just like this. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember the issue/fix... We've since moved away and returned to take over the property. It seems very similar to the last time. Although I believe we were with a different provider back then.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Hogglewood, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear there's no dial tone even when plugging into the test socket for your property. In which case, could you please raise the fault below so we can look to progress this issue further on our suppliers side. 
The fault can be raised here: faults.plus.net

Feel free to give us a nudge on here after doing so as we'll happily look at getting this picked up and progressed further for you.

Hogglewood
Hooked

Thanks @BD I've done the fault report. A few times now in fact, but to no avail. There hasn't been any update or contact on the matter unfortunately...