cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

jonz88
Hooked

Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

So I signed up 3 months ago and I phoned plusnet up about a month ago they said I would get an email in a week Heard nothing has anyone actually had the reward card as I've seen lots of people saying the same thing stories of plusnet people but no reward cards it was the only things stopping me from picking Vodafone who I think i will be going to next month if I don't see any sign of the this reward card
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

Thanks for your post @jonz88 and welcome to our Community Forums

I can see you claimed your reward card on the 23rd April you should've received by post within 30 days from then

As per our cashback FAQs Here I'd recommend contacting PureCard on the below details

Call 0800 587 1995 or email plusnet@purecard.com

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonz88
Hooked

I've received no card pure card say plus net have not registered me called up plusnet they said they would send said email recived nothing and after the [-Censored-] customer service and poor attitude from the girl on the phone when I phoned up last time I'm probably just gonna cancel the direct debit and take my business elsewhere had nothing but poor customer service and bad experiences since day one from being lied to about my services being activated and now this drama I honestly don't know how you guys win any awards
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

As you’ve not received the claimed card, have you tried calling Pure Card on the number given above?

jonz88
Hooked

As stated above pure cared have said I have not been registered by plusnet 😒
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jonz88, thanks for getting back to us. When it comes to cashback rewards in the prepaid card form, I'm afraid any issues with the card not arriving or not working would need to be taken up with Pure Card who can be contacted via the above number. I'd maybe query with them if there's any alternative details you can provide that could locate the cashback reward with them. You could also bring there attention to this forum thread as I can see my colleague @Gandalf has confirmed the cashback reward and when this was initially redeemed and sent which should be proof enough that you're signed up with us and have a cashback reward that's due.
I'm sorry for the further inconvenience caused whilst looking to chase up this cashback reward and please do let us know how it goes further.

jonz88
Hooked

I've had enough jumping through hoops spoke to pure card not registered by plusnet they said don't fancy the [-Censored-] customer service on the phone again and my broadband has gone down 3 times today il be canceling the direct debit on Monday and taking out a contract with a better company that offers better customer service and a more reliable service and doesn't offer vouchers there's still no sign of 3 months in to my contract just really poor service overall wish I signed up with Vodafone now when making my decision
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jonz88, thanks for getting back to me and I'm sorry it feels like you're having to jump through hoops in regards to obtaining your cashback reward.
I'm afraid with the Purecard external team handling all pre-paid card cashback queries there's very little we can do this side to find out what's occurred with your reward and why we're advising making further contact with them to hopefully get this issue resolved. As mentioned, bringing their attention to this thread where we've confirmed your due cashback should allow them to assist you further with your cashback reward if there has been an issue confirming your Plusnet account.

I'm sorry to hear you've ben having connection issues as of recent. I can confirm looking over your connection from this side it looks like a recent cahnge in your account details wasn't pushed through to your router successfully which resulted in the router trying to authenticate the connection with the wrong details and I beleive resulting in the drops and issues you've seen this afternoon. 
I can confirm however it looks like the details have since been corrected and this hopefully should stop further disconnections moving forwards. Please do let us know how it goes through this evening and tomorrow however as we'll be happy to investigate further if needed.

In regards to you looking to cancel the service with us, I'm afraid cancelling the direct debit wouldn't cancel the service with us and instead would just put the account into failed billing and then follow our failed billing process. By all means if you're looking to cancel the service then I'd advise giving our Cancellations team a call.

They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps and please do let us know how further contact with Purecard goes should you choose to call them further.

jonz88
Hooked

Rang the number this morning said the could replace the master card but they would credit my account or send me a cheque asked for the cheque so we will see if anything turns up in the post