cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

FIXED
CD500

Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

I moved to Plusnet on 17th March via a Money Saving Expert link offering a £75 pre-loaded Mastercard as long as you signed up by 18th March.  To switch, as I was still in contract, I had to pay off the remainder of my contract with Sky but it still made financial sense.  However, more than 2 months after I was connected, I haven't received the £75 which was supposed to be sent directly within 45 days.  I've phoned Plusnet three times and had different answers each time as to why I haven't received anything.  Now they're saying they can't see anything on my account to show that's how I signed up - and yet I have the chat transcript from the online conversation that I had with one of their staff who helped me get the account set up and sent me the offer link.  I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how they resolved it? Is it worth going to the Ombudsman?

5 REPLIES 5
Debra1

Re: Is the £75 mastercard offer a scam?

I'm beginning to think so, I've been waiting for an email too, signed up April went live on the 30th. On receiving no email, I contacted the company which sends them and was told to wait 28 days from going live....now chased again twice, to be told that plus net have not sent over any details and they have no records of my account. I've tried to contact plusnet 3 times today, via phone and live chat but can't get through on any.....is crazy, am wondering what type of company I'm now signed up to!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @CD500,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you send us a private message with a screenshot of that chat you had before signing up so that we can review this case further?

Hi @Debra1,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've reviewed your account this afternoon and raised a response via a support ticket, which can be accessed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
CD500

Hi Alex
Is there a way of forwarding the email of the transcript to you? Screenshots are going to take a long time because the conversation is long and my phone can only see a few lines at a time! Also have no idea how to send a private message?
Thanks
C
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @CD500,

If you could copy and paste it over onto a Private Message to me that should be fine Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@CD500  Click on the username you want to send a PM to and then on the right hand side in the contact me section click on send Private Message.