cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my broadband ever going to go live; Worst customer service ever

njayewing

Is my broadband ever going to go live; Worst customer service ever

Hello,

I have tried all avenues to try and get in touch with an advisor at Plusnet. My go live date was approx 4 days ago and I still have no internet. As I am working from home this is extremely important and I'd hoped to speak to an adviser to get an indication of when my services will go live. I have tried to phone consecutive days to be greeted with 'due to the high number of calls we are unable to connect you to an adviser', I have tried twitter, livechat, calling the business and sales line which is conveniently accepting calls but cannot help.

For a new customer you would think the communication would be a bit more important and if there were any issues that you would be kept informed, the fact you can't even speak to anyone regarding this as a joke. My old provider has stopped my services and I am now using all my phone data to work from home as PlusNet have failed to provide me with a service. It is understandable given the pandemic that communication may be more challenging but it is becoming a bit of a joke now. 

Seriously regret joining to have Plusnet as my provider and wish I had selected another company. PlusNet should not provide a go live date that they cannot commit to and should improve the accessibility of their contact methods.

So far not impressed at all.

16 REPLIES 16
donnadougie
Hooked

Re: Is my broadband ever going to go live; Worst customer service ever

This is exactly the same experience we are currently enduring. Plus net need to change their motto to 'We won't do you proud.' 25 days and counting, still no broadband, no updates, no replies to emails and if I have to listen to another minute of that awful hold music..... There is one thing they are very good at, taking my money on first contact. They had no problem with that.

inesssska
Dabbler

Don't worry, I am already waiting 14days and one lady is waiting 25 so let's see if there is anyone else who is waiting more time?
Horrible experience so far, I probably spend like 8h on the phone to them and still nothing
inesssska
Dabbler

And I had exactly same experience as you, they say alive date is 16.09 but so far it just been empty words!!!!!
rhymingjerry
Hooked

Sorry I can't help but am in a similar position. I received my go live email yesterday and nothing. I have never had this happen before and have switched broadband providers 10+ time, it's just a case of plugging in the new supplied router and getting on with my day.

Hope you and the other poster get it sorted but this is appalling service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @njayewing

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order. As discussed from what I can see the order's stuck in the system and didn't complete when your phone moved across so I've chased this up with Openreach's helpdesk. I've been advised they've escalated this with the relevant team and to review back on Friday. I'll follow things up with you then.

Thanks for getting in touch @donnadougie
I'm really sorry for the delay and we've not been proactive here. I've discussed this with the account holder and I've taken ownership moving forward to get this sorted. I plan to follow things up with them tomorrow.

Thanks for getting in touch @inesssska
I'm really sorry to see your transfer's gone wrong. I tried to call you today but there was no answer. Unfortunately from what I can see the transfer order got stuck in the supplier system awaiting the number to be ported across.

I can see we've replaced the order to reinstate your phone and broadband service and that's due to complete on the 8th October however I've raised a request with our suppliers to see if there's any way that can be fast-tracked.

I'll check back tomorrow and provide an update as soon as I know more.

Thanks for getting in touch @rhymingjerry

I'm sorry for the problems with your broadband connection. I can see your order completed in the early hours of yesterday morning. As we can't see an active connection I've raised a fault to our suppliers for further investigation and I'll call you back as soon as I know more which should be by tomorrow at the latest. Apologies for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rhymingjerry
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf 

I have replied on my topic for all the good it will do.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-broadband-supposed-to-be-available-from-today-bu...

donnadougie
Hooked

@Gandalf , thank you for you call this afternoon. As I understand it, despite being told it was available when I ordered and paid for it 6 weeks ago, the fibre is now no longer available as all the ports in the box in the road are taken and my only option is to accept the lowest level standard broadband. Having been without broadband for 26 days I have to accept this? It also appears Plusnet will not upgrade me automatically should a port become available. I will accept the standard as it gets us back online and my wife and daughter can work from home again, but can I make it very clear that should I find fibre available with another supplier , I will be able to switch without incurring any penalties regardless the length of contract left?

It only seems fair as I am not getting anything like the service I was told I would receive. In fact, if I knew 6 weeks ago what I know now, I wouldn't have signed up at all.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @donnadougie 

I apologise for the disappointment as after all the issues it turns out that fibre isn't available at the moment. It's possibly one of the worst outcomes for an order and it's incredibly disappointing and frustrating for us too.

While we can't automatically upgrade you to fibre due to how our systems work and we'd need to agree fibre pricing at the point of placing the order, I'm happy to check back periodically and contact you when I notice it's available.

If you'd prefer to check for fibre availability yourself I'd recommend typing your landline telephone number into the BT Wholesale availability checker here: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/

With regards to switching without penalty I'm happy to discuss this with you tomorrow as a possible resolution when I call you back to hopefully confirm when your broadband will go live

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
donnadougie
Hooked

@Gandalf , don't worry about ringing me today, I have cancelled the direct debit and we are going elsewhere. Plusnet have mucked us about for 6 weeks now, we have been a month without broadband, with unused Netflix and now tv subscriptions and the need to buy a 4G WiFi hot spot with expensive data, I reckon we are about £100 down with nothing to show for it. All you can offer is the same [-Censored-] level of broadband we had before.

Add to that the worst customer service I can remember having to endure for a very long time and I'm sure you'll understand why we are leaving.

Thank you and Beth for being the only ones at Plusnet who have done anything at all.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@donnadougie I completely understand your frustration with PlusNet!. However I'm not sure anyone has pointed out above or whether you already understand but almost all the suppliers of FTTC products use exactly the same cabinet. They all use the same availability checker (supplied by Openreach) so if it's saying its not available then no other ISP can supply it either. The main exception to this is Virgin media as they use their own network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

donnadougie
Hooked

Well done Mr W. You worked out where I'm going....

donnadougie
Hooked

@Gandalf , I have received a text saying my broadband will go live 06/10/20. Please cancel this and any other orders that are in place. I have tried to close my account and as is in keeping with the whole Plusnet experience, I have been unsuccessful. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@donnadougie Well done Mr W. You worked out where I'm going....

No problem, you obviously were aware of the common use of the cabinet, a lot of people aren't.

Good luck with your new supplier.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @donnadougie 

I'm sorry again for the experience you've had and I'd like to wish you all the best with your new provider.

I've dropped you an email with more detail as per our conversation.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet