cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet finally connected but Plusnet called to say the order hasn't gone through? Confused

Cjmcaul
Hooked

Internet finally connected but Plusnet called to say the order hasn't gone through? Confused

I have had issues with getting connecting when moving house,

Openreach came on Friday 8th to connect my internet, and all seems to be working fine.

However, I have had a voicemail today to say that the order hasn't gone through due to incorrect address.

I'm a little confused as my internet has been connected all weekend and is working fine?

I was also told I would not be able to have fibre in my new property, however the Openreach engineer told me that I have an Openreach Fibre hub installed and I'm able to have this.

Bit confused at to why there have been so many issues and I have been told so many different things.

Can someone please confirm if everything is working now and if I need to do anything else?Huh

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Internet finally connected but Plusnet called to say the order hasn't gone through? Confused

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Internet finally connected but Plusnet called to say the order hasn't gone through? Confused

@Cjmcaul 

Can't comment on yourinternet but you can check your property for what's available. See

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If your phone number doesn't work then try the address version. Enter your post code only and select your house from the drop down list.

If there is an address problem that's something I believe PlusNet can raise with OpenReach.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Cjmcaul

I'm really sorry for the confusion with your house move order.

I can confirm your order at your new address completed on the 8th October and I can indeed see you're up and running now.

Fibre broadband is available but it's full fibre (fibre to the premises) we aren't yet providing. If you'd want this we'll be happy to waive any termination fees if you move to BT or EE for the service. We'd just ask that you call us on 0800 013 2632 to arrange so we can make sure we don't charge you for the cancellation.

If you'd like to stick with us for standard broadband, we'd have to create a new account for you, because due to a system issue our end, we haven't been able to automatically update things in the billing engine so your bills remain on hold.

We put bills on hold while a house move order's in progress but we should take it off hold when the house move completes. As we haven't been able to unsuspend the billing, to get around this we'd need to create a new account.

I'll be happy to arrange for someone to call you back to arrange though. Feel free to private message me the best contact number to reach you on and when you'd be available for a call. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet