Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down - no new router

FIXED
Chopmallion
Grafter

Internet down - no new router

Upgraded from PlusNet ADSL to Fibre. Activation day today. Still no router has arrived, despite getting a text 4 days ago saying it would be sent First Class.

My ADSL is now down, presumably because the fibre has activated and my Sagemcom router is ADSL only.

Seriously unimpressed by poor customer service. This is unlike PlusNet, usually they're really good.

Feeling let down. Can't work from home.

12 REPLIES 12
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Internet down - no new router

Sounds like nail and head with the net going down, but if you had confirmation it was dispatched then chances are it's either delayed or lost in the post. Either way not much Plusnet can do once it's with royal mail so while it's no doubt frustrating, it's not Plusnets service that has let you down there. Best bet is to give them a bell and ask for another to be sent, or do what's often advised on here and grab a third party router-bt smart hub and set that up.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @Chopmallion,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your Router as of yet. I can see that @Gandalf and @bobpullen have responded to your other thread about about regarding this issue here.

I appreciate how frustrating this issue can be, however please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to send this router out to you as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks everyone for your comments.

If the PlusNet router doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'll buy a NETGEAR DM200-100EUS from Amazon and get next day delivery. So I should be back online by Saturday at the latest.
Chopmallion
Grafter

Thanks TheMightyAJ.
The new router arrived today. Unfortunately my broadband won't connect, but I'm pursuing this issue in another forum thread. I'm happy for this thread to be closed.
Andreab1

I know your pain. Broadband has gone live today and no router has been sent. Apparently there’s one in first class post today but that doesn’t help the disruption
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Andreab1,

I'm really sorry to hear about the lack of router for activation. It's something we do feed back on to ascertain as to why this happens or has happened to customers.

If you don't receive your router in the next 3 working days please contact us immediately.

Of course once live we can refund for downtime experienced regarding broadband and if the delay extends past the standard delivery time of 3-5 working days we can look at an appropriate gesture of goodwill to apologise.

Please feel free to give us a shout once you have your router and we will look into it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Andreab1

Thanks Ollie but why was router not already ‘on route’ last week perhaps (when signing up to Plusnet the advisor stated it would be here before going live) to ensure it was here on activation day to prevent all the disruption. Not a good start Plusnet ☹️
Chopmallion
Grafter

I'm sorry you're going through similar issues to me where the router didn't turn up when expected. Given the scope for downtime, I'm surprised PlusNet don't wait until the customer has confirmed they have received the router before scheduling broadband activation.

Sure, it might mean the customer has to wait an extra 1 or 2 days, but surely a small delay is better than having no working Internet?
Andreab1

Totally agree. I was supposed to be working from home today instead I’ve become a keyboard warrior complaining on my phone 🙄
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Andreab1

It is usually the case that routers arrive in plenty of time to be connected on the day of activation - as Oli stated, we do look into the reasons behind this not happening when a customers makes us aware that they have not received one in time to use the service on their "go live" date. 

I would like to apologise again for this situation and echo what Oli said in regards to the appropriate refund - please do let us know when you receive the router so we can action this. 

Thanks 

Chopmallion
Grafter

I think ISPs need to realise that in 2018, any Internet downtime is pretty serious for a lot of customers. OK, so no Internet is probably not quite as serious as no electricity or no running water, but it's not far behind.

From my own experiences of PlusNet in recent months, there's significant scope for the business to improve its internal procedures.

I'm wondering how much ISPs are going to end up paying consumers in compensation when the new OFCOM rules are implemented. Maybe then we'll see businesses start to realise how frustrating and costly it is for customers to be without Internet.

Platitudes from well meaning customer service reps simply don't cut it in 2018.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Do not read the headlines, read the detailed conclusions...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/107693/Statement-automatic-compensation.pdf

1.6 Industry improved its proposals in response to our consultation. As a result of further dialogue, BT, Virgin Media, Sky, TalkTalk and Zen Internet have now put forward an updated industry scheme.

1.7 We have assessed the industry scheme against our conclusions on the necessary features of a fair and effective automatic compensation scheme, our regulatory principles and our policy objectives. The industry scheme meets our objectives and the requirements of a fair and effective automatic compensation scheme.

1.8 The industry scheme therefore addresses the need for Ofcom to take formal regulatory action. It can also be implemented more quickly. As a result, we have decided not to impose regulation for the time being but to accept the industry scheme.

1.9 From early 2019, nine in ten landline and broadband customers will be covered by the scheme and will benefit from up to £126m more per year in automated compensation payments, compared to £16m they receive today. Over time, this may increase further if other providers join up.

There is no imminent intent to impose RULES.

People need to understand that Ofcom is quite useless - it has poor leadership - a Whitehall Treasury mandarin having no prior knowledge of the communications industry.  Even when Ofcom does get around to making sensible decisions on delivering improvements from BT Openreach … they have to ask Brussels for permission to apply them.

Delay issues are more often than not caused by BT Openreach … so there is little point in beating up the ISPs until there is an effective remedy against BT Openreach.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.