cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cut off after date change request

TheMac

Internet cut off after date change request

On the 24th of September, I put in a request to move (and upgrade) my Plusnet internet service to a new home address on the 16th of this month (October). On the 1st of this month I put in a new request to change the date from the 16th to the 19th.

The day after the request to change the connection date, the internet stopped working completely at my current address, and as I'm working online from home this is exactly the situation I was trying to avoid. I manged to get through to Customer Services on the 5th of this month to report the disconnection, and was assured during the conversation and via email that I would be reconnected by the Friday of that week (9th). I was not reconnected, and as of the 5th I have been unable to get through to anyone in Customer Services (apart from one operative who told me his system had a fault and would pass me on to someone else, promptly putting me back on hold after 55 minutes waiting to talk to him. I hung up after another 20 minutes).

Anyone else been in a similar situation? The last two weeks have been unbelievably stressful and I'm now increasingly doubtful that I'll actually be connected at my new address on the 19th, and it's essential that I can work from home.

Is there any other way to contact these people other than the useless time-wasting customer phone line?

2 REPLIES 2
whistler2
Grafter

Re: Internet cut off after date change request

Anyone else been in a similar situation? The last two weeks have been unbelievably stressful and I'm now increasingly doubtful that I'll actually be connected at my new address on the 19th, and it's essential that I can work from home.

Welcome to the pit of despond with the rest of us.

Is there any other way to contact these people other than the useless time-wasting customer phone line?

Afraid not. Their on-line chat is down, they don't respond on twitter, they don't respond to tickets and their order update phone line is not accepting calls. Oh - and you'll be lucky if any staff member responds to your thread here.

if you look down the page for the thread "Order has no progress?" by @marsom, s/he took probably the best route back to sanity. One I will take if PN screw up my house move. See my thread here 

marsom
Hooked

Re: Internet cut off after date change request

Plan on plusnet messing it up, they can't seem to get their own teams working together to do stuff. 

I've had 4 orders placed to try and resolve issues, none of which have gone through or worked on 2 different accounts with plusnet as they couldn't fix an issue on one.