cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Delay of two weeks - Reimbursement Promised

jp94

Internet Delay of two weeks - Reimbursement Promised

Good Afternoon,

Due to error from PlusNet's side of order processing, our internet access has been delayed by two weeks. This error was only picked up after I called PlusNet a couple of days before the internets original start date as the router hadn't arrived. PlusNet had also sent a letter in the post a week before the 'turn on date' stating we did not need to do anything adding to the confusion.

I have called PlusNet twice since to check on the progress of my order and have been assured the internet is starting tomorrow. Both calls were for longer than twenty minutes.

In the first call, we were assured there would be a reimbursement due to the inconvenience caused. I stressed that this delay is very difficult for us as my partner works in the house and needs permanent internet access. As such, the agents advised there would be compensation for temporary internet costs we have been forced to use (mobile data) which accumulated to £40.

In my second call, the agent assured me that 2 months Internet Cost or the line rental for two weeks can be reimbursed as part of this good will gesture. However, this agent was unavailable to give a good will gesture larger than £10 which in the circumstances is not appropriate.

As such, I am hoping you can tell me how to help action or who to speak to to discuss a fair reimbursement/good will gesture?

We would expect that from PlusNet this compensation would be the sum of:

• The cost of line rental for the period
  • 2 Months Internet Cost
  • A fair imbursement for the interim data solution costs

We do not wish to pursue any reimbursement for the stress/confusion and time spent on the phone at this time if PlusNet will help us resolve this situation quickly.

Thanks for reading!

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Internet Delay of two weeks - Reimbursement Promised

Hello @jp4,

I am deeply sorry to hear this and for the inconvenience this has caused. It is not the experience we wish any of our customer to have when joining our service or when transferring them to another premises. The billing on the account will only start from the point your orders complete and are activated. Therefore, you will not pay for any services you have not received as your next bill won't be generated until 30 days after the service goes live.

I will check your orders personally tomorrow and ensure your services are activated as quickly as possible.

In regards to the goodwill gesture you have mentioned, I've taken a look into this for you and responded via the ticket here. Please get back to us via this thread once you have reviewed and updated the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jp94

"Therefore, you will not pay for any services you have not received as your next bill won't be generated until 30 days after the service goes live."

Thank you for the response SammyM.

To add to the point you made above, I must clarify that the line rental bill was paid upfront for the twelve months and as such that service has also not been received/ made usable in the interim period. As such, my monthly bill is not representative of the costs incurred in setting up the broadband.

The next bill being generated later unfortunately holds no effect for us if the contract runs for the full 12 months still as we will not be in the property after the original contract period ends. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @jp94,

Thanks for getting back to me I really appreciate it.

While the billing is not applied in that way I really do understand your point. Leave this with me I will look into this further and update you ticket with my response shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team