cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal installantion issues

amxnlvo

Internal installantion issues

I signed up to a broadband package on the 3rd of January and booked the installation for the 18th. Paid upfront for the first month and usual set up fees. No problem so far. Next day the booking was confirmed and reiterated I would have to be at home to allow the engineer access to the building.

On the 11th I received an email saying 'good news' you don't need to be home for the installation. I raised a ticket on the live chat, explaining there was no socket in the flat so they would have to do internal work as part of the set up. She assured me the engineer would confirm the following day or if they could do it on the 18th as originally planned or if they would need to reschedule. I thought this was a bit ridiculous as up until that day the plan was to do internal work and I made it very clear I would not be happy if the installation was delayed because of this. A couple of days go by and no word from plusnet until the 15th when I received an email saying my ticket had been resolved, no other info.

I got in touch to confirm they were doing the internal fitting as originally planned on the 18th when a very condescending and unhelpful customer service agent told me they had already explained this wouldn't be possible (they didn't, I have the transcripts for proof). I asked for further clarification and according to them, if I raised a ticket that internal work needed doing, the external engineer wouldn't come and do their work until they knew the internal work had been done first. (Just what nonsense is this!?) Delaying my order further. Has this happened to anyone before? If so how long did it take to get sorted?

My fear is, it is going to take weeks to get sorted and we'll be charged for the period it isn't working. They wouldn't give any clear indication of when we could expect to get actual working Internet or if they intend to charge us for the second engineer visit either. I'm already regretting going with Plusnet and am considering cancelling the contract, they have been so unhelpful and vague. Any advice or explanation would be welcome.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Internal installantion issues

I understand that the 14 day cooling off period starts on the day you sign up so if you want to cancel without being charged then it has to be done today.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Although PlusNet take money upfront (as I suspect most ISP's would do) your charging period starts the day your service goes live.

Brian

amxnlvo

UPDATE

Spoke to a lovely (and most importantly!) competent Customer Services Agent on live chat this morning. Plusnet have admitted the fault and took responsibility for the issue. Apparently, the confusion arose over me living in a flat and they had only checked there was a line to the building. I have been refunded my installation charge and while I will be charged for the period I'm without internet, I have been promised a refund for this period too. 

The only downside is I will have to wait for an engineer to come and do the internal work which I was unable to get a time frame for. Hopefully, the issue has been escalated and it doesn't delay too long but I will keep the post updated for those in similar situations.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for using our forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your engineer visit not going ahead.

The relevant feedback has been passed back about our adviser and I can see that you have an engineer now booked in to get this sorted.

Should you have any further issues please don't hesitate to get back in touch.