Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of fibre date??

Ant2
Hooked

Installation of fibre date??

Hi all
I have applied to upgrade my service from adsl to fibre as i am getting speeds of 1.4mbps and i have received my hub one thats all installed. I was promised a switch over date of the 3/4/18 but i have been informed that there is a problem with this date and im currently waiting on another date. Is this a common thing to change the date at the last minute?
12 REPLIES 12
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Installation of fibre date??

Hi @Ant2

I've sent a ticket about this to your account - click here to jump straight to it. 

Hope this helps! 

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ant2
Hooked

Thank you for that. I look forward to hopefully a speedy broadband. I just hope that the fact its being activated on Friday the 13th does'nt jinx it lol
Ant2
Hooked

Thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly!

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ant2
Hooked

Just out of interest do you change the order dates when they are complete because at the moment my order dates comes up as 01/01/1970?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Due to the way our system works, upgrades don't show up on the order tracker on the Member Centre.

I think the completion date is showing as in the past because your account is active.

Don't ask me why it's coming up as 01/01/1970 please. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ant2
Hooked

I am currently waiting for my connection to go live but i just have the orange light on my hub one at the moment. I have had all the confirmation emails but not the internet. There are 40 minutes till midnight and i have everything crossed!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

If you can send me a PM with your landline number I’ll be happy to check this for you/test your line. Smiley

If you don’t know your number you should be able to find out in the account details section.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Cheers for that Ant.
Your fibre order actually completed at about 9am this morning. Testing your line is showing your router out of sync to the cabinet (The green box in the road).

Is the light on the front of your router steady or flashing? Also would you be able to post the details from the Helpdesk tab in your router settings at http://192.168.1.254? Be sure to remove any personal info.

Cheers. -Anoush
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ant2
Hooked

Hi the light is a steady orange
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Cheers for the info.
I suspect there’s a crossed line problem at the cabinet, as a steady light indicates the router is in sync whereas we’re testing the circuit as out of sync.

If you can find out the current Modulation from the router’s help desk tab, this should advise definitively.

Might also be worth raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net as it’s likely we’ll need to arrange an engineer visit to further investigate.

Sorry for the bumpy start to your fibre service.