Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date not confirmed

canary
Hooked

Installation date not confirmed

Hello,

I've placed an order on 11/6 for Unlimited fibre extra - my flat currently has broadband from talktalk left from the previous tenant. Initially the installation date was set for July 6, but I asked it to move earlier since it was well after the 10 working days from order. Since then, the date moved back and forth, and now the entry on my account appears blank. I've only received a message on the ticket discussion claiming that the date has moved to 29/6, but nothing else is specified. I need to know as soon as possible so I can take half day off, otherwise I will not be able to be there for the installation. My efforts to contact support were not fruitfull, so I'm trying here as well.

Regards,

AK

12 REPLIES 12
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Installation date not confirmed

If you have a working phone line that you are taking over there will be no engineer visit to your property, all work is done at the fibre cabinet and possibly the exchange.

canary
Hooked

According to your guide:

http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/welcome_pack_fibre.pdf

a new master socket is needed. Is this correct?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That guide is completely out of date, all fibre services are now self install you use your existing phone socket with a filter if necessary and connect the PlusNet Hub. No separate Openreach modem any more. Which used to be supplied by the visiting engineer.

canary
Hooked

Thanks for your clarification. Could you please confirm the installation date being 29/6?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

RealAleMadrid isn't staff so they won't be able to confirm.

I've sent you confirmation to your ticket, apologies if it isn't the response you're hoping for. I am happy however to confirm that you don't need to be home for the work to take place.

Let us know if you have any questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
canary
Hooked

Hello and thank you for your answer. I see that the date has been again pushed to July 6. Based on your terms and conditions, now that 14 days have passed since my order date, I cannot cancel a service that I have not tried at all, without paying a fee. Additionally, no explanation has been given regarding this delay. Let's see how this goes, but, to be honest, as a new customer of yours, I'm not impressed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the delay. As per my ticket response, it's due to engineer availability in the area.

As none of your services have yet gone live, if you would like to discuss cancellation I would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2).

Though, I hope you'll choose to stay with us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@canary,

Remember that the scarce engineering resources are those of BTOR ... who are the providers of connectivity no matter which other ISP you might consider using.  The wait / slip is a pain, but you'll be right back at square one if you decide to move away.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just checked on your order and everything looks in progress for the 6th. It should go live at any point up to midnight, please let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
canary
Hooked

Hello,

Thanks for the update. One week to go, however two comments:

- no hardware has been received, and the status shows that it hasn't been dispatched yet. Is Plusnet waiting to send it until the very last moment?

- it would have been nicer if the website actually reflected this date (July 6) and not having to wait for updates from the forum.

I am not going to cancel my application, but as far as the comment regarding going to square one, there are two other options already (continuing with the one the previous tenant left, albeit quite slow, or switch to Virgin which was also available almost immediately). The fact that Fibre Unlimited is better (on paper) made me choose it (and wait for it, inevitably), however if I knew that this was going to take that long, and without guaranties that it will work as advertised, it might have not made the decision for Plusnet. In any case, I really hope I made the correct choice - let's see on Thursday, if I get to have the modem by then Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

The routers are usually automatically sent about 48 hours before the activation date, but I've just manually processed your router order now so you should receive it within the next few days.

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the order tracker on the website, I'll pass this on for you.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@canary,

You are in a rare position if having the option of going with VM and totally avoiding contact with BTw / BTOR. For most of us there's no choice - same wires people (and engineers) irrespective of which ISP you chose.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.