cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install without access

Jamesshepherd28

Install without access

If a engineer doesn't need access for the line install does he need it for the broadband install?
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Install without access

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

NItefox75

Can you be more specific, is it home broadband, or business, have you a line with no faults?

If its a case their is a working line, and no issues, i would assume its a easy install, unless your exspecting a engineer because of a fault on the line.

Jamesshepherd28

It's for home and the phone line has no faults. I ordered unlimited fibre and got the phone line with it and got a email saying I do not need to be home for the line install, is this the same for the broadband?
Rapthorne
Rising Star

They should only need home access to do something at your property like installing a phone line to your house or changing the master socket. If you already have an active phone line then I'm 97% sure all the work they need to do with be at the exchange, and they won't have any need to come to your property
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
Jamesshepherd28

Thanks thats what I was thinking and that I only need to setup the router cheers
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Jamesshepherd28

Thanks for getting in touch.

Fibre installs now are all based on a Self Install basis. These used to all be managed and required an engineer to visit and install physical equipment in your property.

With a working line takeover phone order, an engineer is not needed. There will be external work completed for the fibre end of your order but no access would be required.

I hope this helps and let us know if you need any further assistance.