Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete transfer from John Lewis Broadband to Plusnet

FIXED
mickaj
Dabbler

Incomplete transfer from John Lewis Broadband to Plusnet

Having a problem transferring from John Lewis Broadband to Plusnet in order to take up one of the offers made. It is now three weeks since the delayed phone service transfer was scheduled to happen, five weeks since the original scheduled transfer date of 10 July and is still incomplete service wise plus still being charged by both Plusnet and JLB.

History.
26 June. Registered on-line for the offer with a transfer date of 10 July. CC charge taken for the first month.
4 July. Broadband transfer happened early. Telephone support call by me to get the BB login sorted
6 July. Noted my products list only included BB, used chat and established that I now had two accounts running, with JLB and PNet. Told to call support.
6 July. Told that the phone transfer would now occur 23 July and had failed due to an internal system problem. Plus the email setup, webmail and login for SMTP server would be sorted then and I would receive a support call back. Overlapping payments would be adjusted to ensure no overcharging as a result of the delays.
23 July. Phone may have transferred. No support call back, still can not set up email accounts nor access SMTP server by login although obviously works from home without. My Product List still incorrect.
31 July. Product list, email services and charges resolution still awaiting response. Posted the following to the ongoing support ticket 177582318.  The ticket noted below following the 23 July (alleged) transfer claims that the account has been completely branded! Seems not.
--------------------------------------Ticket
The home phone does look to have been now transferred based upon charges from JLB but completion of the configuration looks to be incomplete contrary to what is stated in Question #179524199. Please address the following and whatever else remains to be configured.

1. Update my list of products and service which are still only showing Broadband related items.Clicking on "Home Phone Control Panel" just offers me a phone sale page.

2. Update me with the breakdown of cost adjustments in order the (typo, "the" should be "to") level the costs added due to JLB not being advised of the transfer date of 10 July as I was advised would happen once the delayed home phone transfer completed on 23rd July.

3. Email.The booked support callback for the 23rd never happened. If I attempt to add a mailbox e.g. Mick, the page reports "Adding mailbox failed". Likewise, "manage my mail" page fails to load giving this message "We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.Please try again in a few minutes.".

4. Accessing the SMTP server with username/password as described on the connection settings page still fails. Can use without but of course, only from the home phone.
--------------------------------------Ticket ends

7 August. Update to say the above support ticket on hold until following day. Nothing since.

In parallel from John Lewis Broadband.

12 July. Two days after the service should have been transferred receive DD notification for the next month from JLB still charging for the BB service that transferred on the 4 July albeit six days earlier that scheduled.
23 July. Receive DD notification from JLB of £5.45 cancellation charge.
23 July, raise support ticket with JLB asking for the why and a breakdown of the cancellation charge pointing out that under their terms and conditions this is required to be provided prior to the billing. Reply is that this is an error and will be refunded.
7 August. Receive a credit of £6.72 with no explanation as to the reason for the difference.
12 August. Receive DD notification of a further charge from JLB of £11 so did the phone service transfer or not?

Plusnet has on 10 August also taken a DD of £15.99 which looks to be just the basic Fibre rental charge whereas the initial CC charge was for the full cost of the then current offer that I chose.

Having had very good support for a technical problem a while back that resolved a long standing problem that Openreach failed to address for 15 months, this current delay in the tidying up of a failure in the registration system is somewhat disappointing. Cancelling the JLB DD would be a part answer but likely would result in more grief and time consumed.

Mick.

20 REPLIES 20
mickaj
Dabbler

Re: Incomplete transfer from John Lewis Broadband to Plusnet

Have now received a text to say the Home Phone Service is ready to use. Checked the My Products list and the phone with the options have been added. The Unlimited Fibre Cancellation charge of £47.-- is stated as being written off. Now added, Unlimited Fibre Cancellation charge of £203.22 plus the pre-existing cessation charge of £30

Have also received a DD notification today of a further scheduled debit of £16.32 from Plusnet. At the rate the DD notifications are arriving, I will need to extend the mortgage. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Mick.

Apologies for the experience you've had when moving your services to Plusnet.

1. Update my list of products and service which are still only showing Broadband related items.Clicking on "Home Phone Control Panel" just offers me a phone sale page.

I've done this for you now so you'll be able to see your Home Phone Control Panel.

2. Update me with the breakdown of cost adjustments in order the (typo, "the" should be "to") level the costs added due to JLB not being advised of the transfer date of 10 July as I was advised would happen once the delayed home phone transfer completed on 23rd July.

From what I can see your payments to Plusnet are from when your services have gone live.

3. Email.The booked support callback for the 23rd never happened. If I attempt to add a mailbox e.g. Mick, the page reports "Adding mailbox failed". Likewise, "manage my mail" page fails to load giving this message "We were unable to complete your requested action. This may be the result of a temporary fault.Please try again in a few minutes.".

Apologies that you weren't called back as promised, I've added the mailbox component to your account now. If you go to www.plus.net/email you'll be able to change, setup and configure your Plusnet email addresses.

4. Accessing the SMTP server with username/password as described on the connection settings page still fails. Can use without but of course, only from the home phone.

This should now that I've added the mailbox to your account.

Everything our side looks OK and complete now and I'd expect your previous provider John Lewis Broadband to refund you anything you've paid to them for the time they haven't supplied you with a service.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

[edit]

Looks like our posts crossed!

Have now received a text to say the Home Phone Service is ready to use. 

That was me Smiley

Have also received a DD notification today of a further scheduled debit of £16.32 from Plusnet. At the rate the DD notifications are arriving, I will need to extend the mortgage. Smiley

Our system has generated an additional invoice due to your phone service being added to your account partway during the billing month. Sorry about this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mickaj
Dabbler

My thanks for resolving the system configuration requirements, I will check them further later. However, there still look to be some discrepancies regarding and correcting the charges being made.

Regarding the refund for payments taken by JLB. During my conversation with PNet support on the 6 July, it was stated that the delay in the transfer of the home phone service was the fault of Plusnet due to a problem with their system not being able to handle a transfer of a phone service within their network albeit under the umbrella of John Lewis Broadband. As such, the support agent stated that Plusnet would adjust and refund me to ensure that the net cost after any subsequent JLB charges post 10 July to me is zero. Nothing was said about JLB having to refund me for services provided because the transfer was incomplete. The subsequent JLB charges post transfer may be a different issue but then it is question of which hat PNet staff are wearing at the time and a commitment to resolve will fix this.

The original transfer date was to be 10 July, this currently gives two billing periods, that Openreach transferred the broadband six days early adds a slight billing complication but the result is that the PNet billing period now commences on the 4th of the month.

In total for these two months I have been charged or is pending £93.53 in total.

Using the charges listed below against PNet bills so far I have been charged £57.30 for the current two months rather than £49.98, no breakdown e.g. period of these charges have been provided. Plus the first 19 days of the initial charge period when the home phone was not with PNet had been paid for with the initial CC payment so in effect paying twice for the same service.

Post the supposed transfer date of 10 July JLB have charged me or is pending £36.23 and that excludes any refund for the previously paid period following the transfer date.

So, although the system configuration is at last looking more complete, there is still the outstanding resolution for the charges to be explained/detailed and resolved.

Taken or pending payments so far taken following the transfer date of 10/7/18

CC          £24.99 initial payment PNet
17/07/18 £26.50 notified 12/07/18 JLB
26/07/19 £5.45   notified 23/07/18 JLB
             +£6.72 credit notified 30/07/18 JLB?
08/08/18 £15.99 notified 04/08/18 PNet
15/08/18 £11.00 notified 12/08/18 JLB
16/08/18 £16.32 notified 13/08/18 PNet

Mick.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks again for your time on the phone Mick. 

Apologies again for the experience you've had when moving from JLB to Plusnet.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further queries and don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mickaj
Dabbler

Thank you for the phone call, it looks like resolution is complete pending refunds and to my satisfaction. Smiley

Mick.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Mick, feel free to let me know if you have any further queries at all. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevepageuk2
Dabbler

I’m sorry to intrude by I’ve just started an order and I’m having problems too. Been told there’s a problem because of the phone line already having the same package, which it doesn’t as the JL and Plusnet packages are different on mobile calls for instance. I’ve got two orders in, for two different properties, can you help?

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Stevepageuk2

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your orders. This is currently being looked into by one of my colleagues, and you will receive a response to your tickets on both accounts shortly.

If you have any further questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks,

Satta

mickaj
Dabbler

Ah, all was looking good as the planned steps completed but have now received notification of the next DD by email today,  For some reason the next DD due 12 September is for £41.31. rather than the somewhat lower expected monthly cost. Noted that the Support Ticket was closed first thing this morning due to no inputs for a while so cannot add my comment there.

Have not been able to access the actual bill as yet to get further detail, the Bill is either not listed in the list or get the message "Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later". Have tried several times with the same result. Assume this is a result of the ongoing upgrades.

Could the reason for the additional charge be checked and ideally be corrected? Smiley

Mick.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya Mick.

Sorry to see we got your bill wrong.

I've looked into this and opened a new ticket on your account which you can view and reply to from Here.

Sorry about this. Feel free to let me know if you have any further queries or concerns.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mickaj
Dabbler

Thanks.

Can now also see my bills so can see what you described in your Ticket comment. Okay, thanks for the resolution.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Mick. I'll keep an eye on this for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mickaj
Dabbler

Thanks, received your update and all looking good.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. Thumbs_Up

Cheers for coming back here to let me know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet