cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel, let me cancel!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to cancel, let me cancel!!!

Ive been calling and calling to arrange an installation that was rescheduled by plusnet, after 4 days of horrendous lack of response via email, phone, twitter, forum. I now want to cancel and get my money back as I'm still within the 14 days.

Ive for the first time managed to speak to someone and they put me to another person, then another person. Now the music has stopped but no one is saying anything. I suspect they just picked up and put the phone away so they dont have to actually talk to their customer. Its been an hour! Im still on the phone waiting AGAIN!

Can someone help me cancel?!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to cancel, let me cancel!!!

1 hour and 20 mins Im still being put on hold. I can hear noises coming from it once in a while but no one is speaking. I guess they've gone home now it's past 5 and dont want to hang up.

I tried to call from a different phone and was given an automatic message saying they are busy and cut off.

How does one ever able to cancel the contract?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Probably quicker by post.

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response @198kHz , post is indeed my backup plan. I'm trying to not spend even more time trying to queue up at the post office and spend money on this. Looks like I'm going to have to do it if I dont get a proper response within the next few days.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

You've got far more patience than I have. In these sort of cases I always resort to posting letters. Signed for with next day delivery. Doesn't cost the earth and as long as you get there before the last collection, it arrives the next day. No fuss, no hanging on phones and if you choose a small PO, usually little or no queue.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?