cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought a broadband switch over was meant to be seamless!!!

Hero878
Dabbler

Re: I thought a broadband switch over was meant to be seamless!!!

O well 2 more hours to go before midnight *fingers crossed*

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Has yours gone across yet or is it just me?
Do they need to do it at a exchange because I am guessing there won’t be anybody doing that at this time of night now
Hero878
Dabbler

Not yet still the red b symbol lit up and an orange light bar. I assumed it was an automated thing but they said it could be until midnight.

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Nope still nothing I will be ringing tomorrow to cancel
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@lauraedavies198 , @Hero878 If you still have no service this morning, try a factory reset of the router: Press the reset button on the back/base of the router with a paper clip or similar until all the lights go out and then start flashing, then leave it to re-run the set-up process - takes about 15 minutes - still no joy, then repost.

John
Hero878
Dabbler

Hi thanks for getting back to us

I tried the reset this morning and it is still not working. After the reset it did light up blue but no internet, within the hub settings the username has got to setup@plusdsl.net

So I logged in clicked disconnect and configure and changed it to my username@plusddsl.net and password. Now the red B symbol and orange light bar is back.

Hero878
Dabbler

So basically it isn't accept my username and password which I use to login to my plusnet account usually.

On my order page step 5 is highlighted in purple "activating your line" although I already received the confirmation email yesterday saying my line is active.

Step 7 Broadband Order - this is greyed out still

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Hero878 Hopefully the 'Wizard' - @Gandalf  - will spot this and try his magic. Unfortunately, as just another customer, there is little else I can suggest.

John
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Give them a call, mine was still off this morning and I rung and got through to a advisor straight away. The customer service advisor I spoke to was great he went away promised to call me back and within 10-15 minutes he came back to me to say it was all working and it’s all fine now
Hero878
Dabbler

Good to hear you are online now. I just gave them a call and now mine is working. Apparently everything had come through from the supplier/Openreach it didn't go through automatically on plus nets end so the lady manually activated my account.

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Good to hear you are all sorted now too,
It’s unreal how many things rely on internet nowadays my whole world stopped for a day 😀