cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought a broadband switch over was meant to be seamless!!!

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

I thought a broadband switch over was meant to be seamless!!!

I have switched from post office fibre to plusnet superfast fibre and my switchover was planned for 25.03 at midnight

I have woken up today to no internet connection

I have now been without any broadband all day

Am i wrong in saying it shouldnt take this long?

25 REPLIES 25
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: I thought a broadband switch over was meant to be seamless!!!

@lauraedavies198 Welcome to the forums. What lights/colours are showing on the modem/router?

John
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

A orange light with a solid red B

jab1
Legend

@lauraedavies198 OK . When you say 25.03 at midnight do you mean 'any time up to midnight on the 24th', or 'anytime up to midnight on the 25th'? The activation emails are a bit misleading in that respect.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

my switchover was planned for 25.03 at midnight

AFAIK in PlusNet speak , that means by 00:00 on the 25th i.e anytime today!

A orange light with a solid red B

@lauraedavies198  that probably means your PlusNet account hasn't been activated yet, so the router can't authenticate. It can take anytime up to midnight fro the notification to come from Openreach that the switch has happened and the account to be activated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

That's my reading, too, @MisterW  - but as it confuses new members, I thought I'd check. 😉

John
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Yeah I assumed it was midnight tonight but my phone went across about 15:00 today and my broadband with post office was off when I woke up this morning

I would not normally be so impatient but I have been working from home today (as half the nation probably are too) and have had to use my phone as a hot spot to work
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Laura,

I've checked your order and I can see your phone line's been brought across but your fibre order's still open in the supplier systems. It should complete before midnight tonight and we'll email and text you once it has. Sorry for the downtime.

Let us know tomorrow if there are further issues though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

I hope it’s soon and not too late, you don’t realise who many things nowadays need WiFi to work, my doorbell is off, my phone has the worst signal on my normal network so can hardly use that, my printer is a WiFi one and my sky catch up and upstairs sky box needs WiFi not to mention everything else it will take me hours to change them all over
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

I am asking now within my 14 days to cancel
I am livid that my service still has not switched I can’t be without my internet for work tomorrow
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Hero878
Dabbler

Can your internal devices not operate with just wifi? Even though the internet is not active the router wifi should still be picking up all your devices and you can use that as a home network as your doorbell and printer shouldn't require an internet connection to the World Wide Web. Just a guess.

I too was due to switch today to Plusnet, phone line went through ok this morning, but been without internet all day and have been tethering the internet from my mobile phone to my work computer to work from home all day.

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

I’ve done that with my phone today but that wasn’t great as my phone signal in my area is shocking and I was constantly dropping my vpn connection
Hero878
Dabbler

Same I couldn't even connect to VPN for some reason and had to use Microsoft outlook web version to access emails. Hopefully you can get your wifi devices back up and running in the meantime.

lauraedavies198
Dabbler

They have been quick enough to generate my next bill though it’s shocking