cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I though TalkTalk were bad, but Plusnet take the biscuit

JackC

I though TalkTalk were bad, but Plusnet take the biscuit

Two weeks after ordering phone and broadband - no activation date.

Phone call to PlusNet to be told that the order had failed, (they didn't fail to take over £200.00 though).

Service needed to be reordered - go live date to be confirmed within 48 hours.

52 hours later informed that the order had been delayed and reordered, quoting another order number.

Will be informed within 48 hours of completion date - I am not holding my breath.

I moved back to PlusNet after TalkTalk failed to provide a working phone line and were as much use as a chocolate fireguard in sorting the problem. PlusNet are just failing full stop.

I guess I should look for a positive, at least you can understand PlusNet's English when they lie to you.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: I though TalkTalk were bad, but Plusnet take the biscuit

It is possible that if you are still under contract with Talk Talk they could be cancelling the PN orders.

Also if there is no working phone line that could also cause order problems.

Hopefully one of the Customer service team will be along shortly with more information.

JackC

I have had a letter from TalkTalk stating there is no contract and the service will be transferred on May 7th, they seem to know what PlusNet cant figure out.

The phone line works to a point BT Openreach say it has not been ported correctly so it does not ring.

I do not trust anything PlusNet are telling me, just another very poor Communications Provider, in fact rated the worst on Trustpilot.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with your order.

Unfortunately the initial order we've placed failed within our suppliers systems and it's difficult to find out the reason why this had happened, however I've checked the order we replaced and this is progressing fine.

At this stage I don't anticipate anymore delays as your order is committed for the 9th May.

On the day of your activation it can take anytime up to midnight for the work to complete.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet