cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don’t want to use the word lies but....

PeterT1
Hooked

I don’t want to use the word lies but....

Today I arranged a new broadband service with BT but when told the installation date was 4 weeks instead of the promised 2. I got in touch with Plusnet and was PROMISED 10-14 days so I cancelled BT and went with PlusNet. All good I thought until my date came through and it was the same as BT!! A whole bloody day wasted on the phone to these two companies, neither of which I now want to give my business to.
Why oh why can’t we get accurate information about dates when we order the line!!! I’m beginning to feel it’s all about getting the deal and screwing the customer.Totally fed up with both Plusnet and BT.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: I don’t want to use the word lies but....

@PeterT1 I don't know the full story, but I am fairly certain this delay would happen with anyone you went to who used the BT network, and will be due to engineer availability.

Are you moving from Virgin or other cable provider, or ADSL to FTTC?

John
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PeterT1
Hooked

The house already has a BT wi go so it should be a simple switch but what’s really annoying is the inaccuracy of the information when making the order. If it’s going to take 28 days tell me that and not something that’s clearly incorrect.
Also it takes hours to do these things and I’m probably going to have to do it again tomorrow as I probably prefer a BT router.
jab1
Legend

Ok, I understand that - so I can assume you are switching from ADSL to FTTC, which requires manual intervention by BTOR?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@PeterT1 

Reading through it sounds like BT told you the true situation so I don’t know why you are upset with them? I’m afraid that it’s a case of Openreach availability.

Are you aware that both Plusnet and BT retail are owned by BT plc? Plusnet are very much the budget ISP and don’t have many of the features provided by BT retail. The BT hub is definitely better than Plusnet’s offerings but they can be set up to work with Plusnet. Many of us has bought one from an auction site and use them, see the pinned posts at the top of the Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

PeterT1
Hooked

Thanks for the input, I understand the relationship between BT and Plusnet , I’m just disappointed neither of them could give me an accurate installation date and indeed both ended up on 28 days rather than the 14 promised when I made the order. If Plusnet hadn’t led me up the path they did I would have happily stayed with BT and kept the superior router. Without having a firm idea of what I’m going to do at least i can just warn people to expect installation to take 28 days not 14.
Thanks again for input.
jab1
Legend

Plusnet or BT Retail would not know engineer availability until they actually placed the order - 14 days is the usual timescale, but the current situation can extend that.

John