Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know if my order was processed

FIXED
dab73
Hooked

I don't know if my order was processed

Hello Plusnet,

I heard about the unlimited broadband for 12 months + £75 cash back offer from your TV commercial, and I tried to register and order the deal on Saturday, but I'm not sure if the order was ever processed.

I think I may have misplaced a period in the email address field, and the process is made more difficult by the ridiculously slow connection I'm currently on (thanks, Post Office), and they are charging me £75 per quarter for this trash. A speedtest result of said connection is below.

Poor service @ £75/quarter.Poor service @ £75/quarter.

I don't need fibre and would be very happy if you could help finalise the order that I should have placed on Saturday. The reason I think it failed was because I think my connection was playing up when the payment processing was taking place. I must have tried to pay at least three times, and the final time sent me to Plusnet's homepage, so I thought it had worked.

The connection also seems to be so slow that your live chat service won't load for me.

Can any Plusnet representative help me?

Thank you.

Edit: I realise that my speed is based on my distance from my nearest exchange or green cabinet; both of which are quite literally across the road from my house.

12 REPLIES 12
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: I don't know if my order was processed

Hi @dab73 Welcome to the community forums.

If you can PM me your username, I'd be happy to check over the account and ensure the orders are progressing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dab73
Hooked

Good afternoon, Harry.

I have sent you a private message.

Thank you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately that username isn't bringing any accounts up.

Would you mind dropping me another PM with your address so I can search on the postcode, if that also brings up no accounts, you may need to go through the signup process again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dab73
Hooked

I will do that for you right now.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any accounts at that postcode (At least none signed up during the relevant time period) so I'd have to advise going through the sign up journey again either online or over the phone on 0800 432 0080.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dab73
Hooked

Thank you for verifying, Harry.

I'll try the process again and update you on what occurs.

Thank you.

dab73
Hooked

Hello Harry,

When selecting the unlimited broadband package, I am now receiving this notification:

You don't have a compatible phone service. To use our broadband you'll need to take one of our Home Phone packages - we'll give you free activation worth £25.

You can keep your current number and your existing service should carry on working until you've switched over.

Switching your phone takes a minimum of 10 full working days and your broadband usually activates on the same day.

Does this mean that I can't complete the order, or will your home phone package be included in the order? I do have "line only" currently selected with the option for caller ID selected too. Will this cover the issue with the phone?

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you're bringing your phone line over to us (It sounds like you are if you've selected line only) it shouldn't be a problem.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dab73
Hooked

Okay, that's what I wanted to do. Thank you.

dab73
Hooked

Hello,

Can you please confirm that the order has now processed?

Thank you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like the account has now been set up and automation has placed your orders Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dab73
Hooked

That's great news. I can't wait to move from this awful company.