cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Delivery

tcd0909

Hub Delivery

Hi,

I signed up on 18th April to join Plusnet from another provider and have a confirmed activation date of 3rd May. The hub still hasn't been dispatched. Apparently these are sent by 48 hour (a target not a guarantee) delivery, and Monday is a bank holiday so the postmen won't be working and the item won't be getting dispatched on Monday.

I can't understand why hub delivery is cut so fine when they have two weeks to get it done and already have my first month's bill money up front. 

If members of Plusnet staff frequent this forum please could you arrange for the hub to be dispatched to put my mind at rest? Frankly the delay in sending the hub is not a good start and is beginning to give me cold feet about switching.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Hub Delivery

@tcd0909 Today is Thursday - if it is despatched today or tomorrow, it should be with you in time, Tracked 48 is usually fairly reliable.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

@tcd0909 wrote:

Apparently these are sent by 48 hour (a target not a guarantee) delivery, and Monday is a bank holiday so the postmen won't be working and the item won't be getting dispatched on Monday.

Hub's are dispatched using Royal Mail's Tracked 24 service. The system placed the order for yours this morning, so I expect it will probably turn up tomorrow. You'll recieve an email with tracking details once we've processed confirmation that the warehouse have dispatched the parcel.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Cheers, Bob - thought it was Tracked 48, but what do I know?😀

John
tcd0909

Thanks both, it's looking promising then...

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Actually, I haven't found Royal Mail 24 to be particularly reliable recently.

Two items that I bought on eBay were both sent by this method, (confirmed by the postage labels). One took 3 working days to arrive, and the other took four working days!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

@jab1 wrote:

Cheers, Bob - thought it was Tracked 48, but what do I know?😀

Used to be untracked 48hr post. Changed to Tracked 24 last Autumn.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵