cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long

sallymae90

How long

Good evening, 

I'm switching over to plusnet from sky, I have done it all online on Tuesday 30th March. Just wondering how long it will be until i get my router and switched over? 
My Direct debit set up has failed but I cant change this online due to it being done less than 5 days a go. 

Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks 
Sally  

9 REPLIES 9
Mike13N
Dabbler

Re: How long

Well we have been waiting 10 days for the router to actually work so maybe 20 days at least. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your posts

@sallymae90 From what I can see the current provider of your line have placed what's known as a cease order which means they're stopping your service on the 7th. As this is less than 10 working days away, I'm afraid we won't be able to transfer your services to us with minimal downtime so we'd need to wait until the service is stopped to reinstate your services which may mean you'll have around 14 days of downtime.

To avoid this I'd recommend contacting your current provider to cancel the cease order they've placed. Once they've done that if you can let us know we'll be happy to transfer your services across to us with minimal downtime.

@Mike13N apologies for the delay with your order. I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk and I've been advised that BT's escalated this to Openreach's systems support team (ASG, application support group) yesterday as your order's stuck in the system. Unfortunately due to the long Easter weekend, we've been given a review date of the 8th April. 

However as it looks like all the relevant work's carried out which means that in theory you should be able to connect to the internet even with the fibre order not yet completed, I've activated your account now so there should be nothing our side from stopping you getting online once you've setup your router.

If you can't get online though it's likely that something on the open order is preventing this so we'd have to wait until the order's completed. We'll monitor the order and make sure it's completed as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sallymae90

Thank you for the reply.
Is there nothing I can do to get internet before Monday 12th April? I've got an online course I need to be attending.

Thanks
Sally
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi sallymae90, as your current suppliers cease order is still in place for tomorrow, we cannot take over their line. This means once their line has stopped we can then place orders however, as my colleague advised you could be looking at 14 days before we can get the service up and running.

Based on the minimum lead times for the type of order we will be placing, we would not be able to get this active for the 12th and at the very earliest, it would be towards the end of next week though this is highly unlikely, and we won't know for sure until our orders are placed and progressed by the supplier.

I am very sorry about this, but we will keep you updated on the order progression.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sallymae90

Ok how do I cancel this order and get a refund please?
Sky won't let me remove this unless I sign a new contract and I need internet for next week.
I don't think it's good business or very professional for me to pay the money upfront when by the time I get the broadband I will be closer to having to pay another month. So Plusnet are not providing a service I have paid for.
Therefore I wish to cancel and a full refund.

Thanks
Sally
sallymae90

Ok how do I cancel this order and get a refund please?
Sky won't let me remove this unless I sign a new contract and I need internet for next week.
I don't think it's good business or very professional for me to pay the money upfront when by the time I get the broadband I will be closer to having to pay another month. So Plusnet are not providing a service I have paid for.
Therefore I wish to cancel and a full refund.

Thanks
Sally
Tags (1)
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us. The initial fee you pay covers the first month service (we bill for the month in advance) and account billing doesn't start until the services go live.

I am sorry that you will be left without a service; we usually place orders to take over your existing service and the current ISP cease the service on the date we takeover. As they placed a cease order for less than 10 working days in advance, we were unable to do this. Usually, they should be able to cancel their cease order and just close your account on the day we take over so I am sorry they advised they won't do this.

Though of course not what we want, if you wish to cancel you can speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 they will be able to assist further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mike13N
Dabbler

At least you have had warning. We have been without internet for 14 days now. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone in the pandemic. Any benefits of switching have long been lost. 😭😭😭😭😭

sallymae90

So I cancelled on the 6th April I've had no refund yet. When I've phoned they've said I'll get a cheque on Monday so basically Plusnet have held onto money that isn't there's while not offering a service and from cancellation date to getting my money back it's looking at a month. That is absolutely shocking behaviour from a business. I shouldn't have a bill I was never connected.
Tags (1)