cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for fibre to be provisioned?

strophic
Dabbler

How long for fibre to be provisioned?

I've just moved house and am staying with plusnet (previous owners were with someone else and there was a cease on the line, so it couldn't be arranged in advance). I had a message that my phone line was going to be ordered yesterday and the fibre would be ordered this morning, but no updates since then. Does anyone know if it is still likely to be a week before I have internet access?

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: How long for fibre to be provisioned?

The minimum lead time for an FTTC order is 5 working day, so unfortunately it would be at least a week before you have internet access.

Could you drop me a PM with your username and I'll make sure everything is progressing as expected for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
strophic
Dabbler

Thanks Harry - have sent you my username by PM.

I got a reply from support a little while after I posted to say that the phone line is going to take another few days to provision (they told me yesterday it would take 24 hours). It's really frustrating as I agreed to a new contract with plusnet so that I could just carry over my service without interruption. Given all this hassle I struggle to see what the benefit is - and in fact I've lost out because if I'd just closed my previous account and set up as new customer I would have got a better deal!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it looks like the advisor who placed your orders advised of the incorrect lead times.I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, however the advice given today that the phone order is due to complete on the 19th is correct.

I've passed feedback on to the manager of the advisor that gave you the incorrect expectations.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
strophic
Dabbler

Thanks Harry, though very frustratingly I've been given further incorrect lead times in subsequent conversations. The latest is that fibre will take "at least ten days" after the 19th!!