cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does transferring to plusnet take?

Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

How long does transferring to plusnet take?

Hi, I contacted plusnet to join the network from Talktalk back on the 2nd September. I immediately got an email saying

Welcome to Plusnet, and thank you for choosing us as your broadband and phone provider.

Over the next few days, you�ll receive a Welcome Email and a Welcome Letter, which will contain all the details of your order and information about what happens next.

That's been followed by 17 days of silence and no movement. Any idea when I may hear something? Any kind of update would be good. Previous experience tells me that 'no news means theres a problem somewhere', and if there's a problem I want to know about it.

11 REPLIES 11
herusix
Hooked

Re: How long does transferring to plusnet take?

I'm in the same boat here signed up on the 6th Sep, received email to say the direct debit has been set up then nothing until the 12th when I received the following cryptic email:

**INTERNAL**
The following KCI message has been received from our suppliers:

Error:501:Order Rejected,Informational:9536:No matching Broadband order found for SIM2PNcfq4

No idea what it means, have asked for clarification but so far its radio silence. 

The order tracker hasnt changed since the start of the order 13days ago, and to add insult to injury trying to port a mobile no across and they have even failed to do that(6days and counting for that one on another thread).

Starting to wonder if I'm making a big mistake.

Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

I'll leave this till Monday, then try calling them. I should probably have called them already, but whenever I try I get the same message. Very busy. Wait time over 30 minutes. Try the website.
No change on the order progress, no router heading my way, so this could take a while.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Taxi_Driver

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had any communication from us regarding your order.

It looks like our automated system struggled with placing the order, because there's more than one line at your address, but based on the info you've provided us on sign up I think I've figured out which line you're wanting us to takeover, so I've manually placed the order with our suppliers now.

We'll confirm your activation date within the next 24 to 48 hours. Again apologies for the lack of communication thus far.

@herusix, will reply to you soon after I've looked at both your accounts. Cheers for the PM.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

I hope youve guessed the right line to change over. The other line is my wifes work line, provided by the government. If you mess with that I'll be in big trouble and you'll lose a homephone and broadband customer and 2 mobile customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@herusix, from what I can see our automated system placed your phone order with our suppliers, but not your broadband order, which ultimately caused the phone order to fail and not progress any further, so I've manually placed the orders now and we'll confirm your activation date within 24 to 48 hours.

@Taxi_Driver, I've placed the order based on the landline number you've advised us of during the signup journey. If the number is incorrect please let me know as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
herusix
Hooked

Thanks for that Gandalf, hopefully everything should start progressing smoothly from now on.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed! Feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance about this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Taxi_Driver
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf. Just recieved a flurry of emails, you've got the right line to change.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let me know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
herusix
Hooked

Just a update on this, after Gandalf/Anoush stepped in the order query was quickly resolved an my broadband went live last night(thurs).

So far so good, only downside so far is the 5gHz network on the Hub One router is a bit flakey but connection speeds are as promised just hope they stay that way.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that! Cheers for coming back to us with an update.

It may be worth changing the channel that the 5GHz frequency is using by going to the router settings at 192.168.1.254

Let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet