cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it REALLY take for upgrade?

CGN
Dabbler

How long does it REALLY take for upgrade?

Ordered upgrade from ADSL to fibre on Sunday 2nd December.  Email confirmation said changeover would be effected on Friday 7th December.

New router arrived promptly.  However Friday 7th came and went and nothing happened.  Contacted support again on Monday 10th, and was told it was ACTUALLY changing over on Wednesday 12th.

Anyway, Wednesday 12th has now been and gone ...

Contacting support is like pulling teeth, and life is too short to spend half the day waiting on the phone to speak to someone again. I am conscious that if this drags on and I don't make a decision on cancellation by Saturday night then PlusNet will probably try to tie me in to a new 18 month contract before I even know whether I am actually ever going to get fibre.

So basically just wondering whether anybody has got any suggestions please, before I pull the plug on this while I still can and go over to Virgin instead.

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: How long does it REALLY take for upgrade?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @CGN

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your order. 

I have updated this ticket on your account with further information regarding the completion of this order. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

CGN
Dabbler

Many thanks for taking the time to chase this up.

Will there be any sort of notification when this work has been carried out tomorrow please?  Just conscious that the fact that when the scheduled work didn't happen on previous occasions that didn't seem to raise any flags, and I am not going to be at home for most of the day tomorrow to keep an eye on it.

Many thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@CGN - not to worry, I'll take a look for you after 1pm tomorrow and see what I can find out. 

I'll update you on the same ticket as above. 

Thanks, 

MoR

CGN
Dabbler

That's great - the help is very much appreciated!

Many thanks

CGN
Dabbler

Just to let you know that the engineer was here first thing (he phoned me at 7.30am to let me know he was working on it ...) and am now getting fibre speeds.  Thanks so much for getting this sorted so quickly!

The only outstanding issue now is there was some confusion with the order initially, and only basic fibre was ordered whereas I wanted fibre extra.  The rep who dealt with the order said that once the connection had been made the faster speed would then be "switched on" for me.  Is that something you could remind them to do, or do I need to phone in again?

Thanks again for getting this sorted so quickly.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @CGN, you are most welcome.

With regards to the product you are expecting, I have escalated a ticket on your account to my team so we can monitor the order as it is yet to reflect as complete in our suppliers systems. Once the order is complete, we can then modify your service accordingly.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
CGN
Dabbler

Great, many thanks

CGN
Dabbler

So now I have got an email confirming you are finally going to be sorting me out with the correct package, which says inter alia:

"This will change over on 18th December 2018 and your new cost per month will be £39.98"

No, the cost WON'T be £39.98.  The cost had already been agreed with the rep who was supposed to be sorting this out as being £27.98.

For a company that purportedly prides itself on its customer service this whole thing has gone beyond a joke now

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @CGN

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with your service. I can see we have now got your fibre upgrade order in place and we'll confirm the activation date within the next 24 -48 hours. In terms of your monthly subscription pricing, it shows as per this ticket here you'll be paying £27.98 a month. Please disregard the automated email you have recently received as it hasn't taken into account the agreed discounts. These will be applied once your order completes.

I do apologise for any inconvenience and confusion there has been. Let us know if you require any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
CGN
Dabbler

Surprise surprise ... 48 hours has come and gone, and I haven't heard anything.  Any progress on this please?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi CGN@,

Can you please confirm if you have tested your services?

On checking from our end everything is up and running.

Please get back to us as soon as you can.

Thank you.

CGN
Dabbler

Thanks.  I was told "we'll confirm the activation date within the next 24 -48 hours", so having heard nothing further I never even thought to test it.

I will check it when I get in later.

Thanks

CGN
Dabbler

Yes, checked and it has been upgraded now.

Thanks for your help