cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does checking details usually take?

Leefwill
Hooked

How long does checking details usually take?

I signed up to Plusnet just over a week ago and the online order tracker has been "current" on checking your details for almost a week now. Is this pretty normal, or potentially an indication that something out of the ordinary is going on?
9 REPLIES 9
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: How long does checking details usually take?

@Leefwill 

Not certain if this will show anything but if you put your phone number in the DSLChecker does it show a "KCI" code in the results window.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

Leefwill
Hooked

@bmc Thanks for the response.

There are no KCI codes contained on the number that Plusnet provided to us. All products are also listed as available, but I don't really know if that means much in this context.
bmc
Hero

@Leefwill 

Have you tried the address version of the DSL Checker - enter the post code and select the required address.

This is what I know about KCI -

KCI

Keeping Customers Informed. Updates that a CP will receive in response to any orders that they place which have been accepted by Openreach following order validation.

KCI1

Indicates that an order has been accepted by the Openreach Fulfilment system and is being processed.

KCI2

Informs a CP that an order has been committed to by Openreach’s fulfilment systems, which means that the job has been built, the date allocated and any excess construction charges that apply have been calculated

KCI3

Informs a CP that the order has been completed by Openreach’s fulfilment systems, which means that the order requested by the CP has been actioned and no further tasks remain outstanding

KCI4

Advises a CP that an order has been rejected due to a fatal error during the fulfilment process.

KCI5

Advises a CP that an order has been cancelled either at the request of the CP or because a fatal error was detected during the fulfilment of an order after KCI1 (Acknowledgement) has been sent.

Brian

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

HI @Leefwill

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your order and I am sorry for any lack of communication.

I am taking a look further into this for you and will respond with more information soon.

Leefwill
Hooked

@Warwick

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Leefwill,

Thanks for giving me a little time with this, you may have already noticed emails coming through to you regarding changes in the status of your order.

I have sent you a ticket with further details on this for you that you can view here

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Leefwill
Hooked

@Warwick

Thank you for looking into this and following up with the further details, that's very reassuring.
Leefwill
Hooked

@bmc

I think Warwick had pushed things along for us. But this was really interesting to read about, I didn't realise how easy it was too follow up on this kind of information.
bmc
Hero

@Leefwill 

I only found out about KCI codes earlier this week when I was checking something else. Saw a KCI2 code on a results page and wondered what it meant so I did a search and found what I posted earlier.

Brian