cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I have to wait???

boldman
Hooked

How long do I have to wait???

Spoke to PlusNet on 8th August 2018 and requested they transfer me from BT to themselves.

Process started as of 8th August and to date (28th August 2018)  no phone line, no broadband, no nothing.

I have had a few phone calls from PlusNet on my mobile as my BT line and broadband got disconnected but there seems to be no progress.

Cannot understand why a simple changeover cannot work, I cannot be the first person to request a transfer from BT to PlusNet?

Do I go back to BT and ask for forgiveness for leaving them or hope and pray that PlusNet will give me a phone line and broadband very soon. 

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: How long do I have to wait???

Moderators Note.
Moved from 'Community Feedback' to 'My Order'
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: How long do I have to wait???

Hi @boldman

I am sorry to hear we are having issues with your order. I have sent you a detailed email in regards to your order status, you can also view my response through your members portal, here is the link:- Click Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask - Wakas

boldman
Hooked

How long do I have to wait??? Part 2

Still waiting for a reply from PlusNet regarding when I will eventually get a phone line with my original number and broadband.

Like I stated previously I cannot understand why the delays as I cannot be the first person to switch from BT

I have been advised by PlusNet Support Team that I should be contacting BT to resolve issues!

I been in touch with OFCOM to see if I can raise a complaint against BT but have been advised that as PlusNet is now my supplier they have to deal with this matter.

OFCOM states that PlusNet are responsible for making sure I retain my original phone number as it formed part of the verbal contract entered into during the request made to switch. The PlusNet Advisor confirmed that I will retain my original number as I have had it since 1999 - I would not have entered into this agreement if my original number could not have been retained as too many people to inform of change of number.

OFCOM also states that the change over should not take more than 10 days - already 8 days gone not including weekends.

OFCOM reference number 00594362 - there phone number if anyone interested is 0300 123 3333

I suggest PlusNet get a move on otherwise they will have to deal with OFCOM or the Ombudsmen.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: How long do I have to wait??? Part 2

Not sure why you have started a new thread, what did the CSC who responded to your original thread advise?

boldman
Hooked

Following is email reply from PlusNet CSC:-

Thank you for contacting us on our Community Forum. I attempted to call you today, but unfortunately you were not able to answer, therefore I left a voicemail. We do apologise we are having issues in processing your order. The reason for this is your previous supplier as a background order with BT Wholesale, which all suppliers use to process a broadband order, with exception to Virgin who use their own system. Our suppliers have attempted to remove this background order and provided us two review dates, which has gone past that point and have not resolved the matter unfortunately for us. We can look into an alternative method to process your order, however we will not be able to retain your landline number '0121xxxxxxx' and will have to issue you a new landline number and appoint an Engineer at your Local Cabinet Box. Normally as a company we charge £49.99 to carry out installations on a spare cabinet port or a new line installation, however given the circumstances of your order, we will agree to weaver this cost if you are happy for us to proceed. Should you wish us to attempt to obtain your landline number, you can either contact your previously suppliers provisioning team to get in touch with BT Wholesale and remove the background order or we can continue to ask them and get updates on the matter. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused from this. Should you require any further information feel free to contact us through our social media channel or you call us on 0800 432 0200. Thank you. Kind regards, [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topics merged to keep things in one place.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see how this has been handled.

I've been speaking to several supplier departments about this and the best way for me to explain it is to start at the very beginning(As you'd expect).

We placed your order when your account was created with a target completion date of the 22nd August. The order should then have been automatically built into the main back-end Openreach systems called Siebel and CSS.

Unfortunately the order was incorrectly built into the CSS system, which ultimately led the order to fail in Siebel stating "DUPLICATE ORDER" which isn't an overly helpful message.

We then replaced the order a couple of days later which failed almost immediately and didn't even reach the Openreach systems stating "Transfer - rejected due to another order on the line due to complete on 22/08/18".

This is because the order is still open in the CSS system despite having failed in Siebel.

Ultimately this would've likely led your service to cease with your current provider. One of the agents I discussed this with has raised a formwize to the relevant team to close the order off completely.

Unfortunately despite your line being ceased and our suppliers number porting team confirming your number is no longer active, there is no record of a stopped line on the Openreach systems - which is unusual for a line that's been ceased recently.

I'd have a guess that this is likely as a result of the stuck order in the CSS system.

I've been advised the order should be closed by Tuesday and to review then. While I'd expect a stopped line to show after the order is closed off, so we can easily reactivate it within 1 working day, it's possible that this may not happen.

If records don't update to show a stopped line even after the order is fully cancelled then the only order we can place to provide a line to you would be a new line installation(Which we'd waive the cost for as above).

As your number is showing as owned by BT there shouldn't be an issue to get this back and while I'd like to provide 100% confirmation that we can retrieve it I'm afraid I can't make a guarantee but I'll try my utmost best.

Apologies for the experience you've had. I'm taking ownership of this for you moving forward.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
boldman
Hooked

Re: How long do I have to wait??? Part 3

Another week gone and absolutely NO PROGRESS - GONE BACKWARDS

I asked for manager name - still waiting for it

OFGEN now requesting manager's name and open reach manager name

HOW LONG DOES ONE HAVE TO WAIT????Huh

IT IS TIME TO LOOK ELSEWHERE?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: How long do I have to wait??? Part 3

Thanks for your time on the phone @boldman

I do sincerely apologise for the delay in getting this sorted for you.

As discussed, I've placed an order for a new line installation. As records show no spare pairs(Lines) at the distribution point to connect to your property, the order may go to a survey first before an engineer is assigned.

However, we know that there should be a spare pair physically there as you've recently had a service with BT. We should receive an update regarding the order within the next 24 to 48 hours, but I'll check tomorrow.

When we receive confirmation of your appointment date, I'll contact our Wholesale supplier to request that they expedite the order for the soonest installation date possible due to the delays.

Once this is resolved I'll be happy to call you back to discuss a gesture of goodwill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
boldman
Hooked

How lomg is it going to take - Part 4

I was promised a phone line and broadband tomorrow (18/09/18 AM)

Received an email today stating this cannot be done till 02/10/18

The PlusNet advisor who has been looking after my issue did not have the guts to phone me on my mobile and explain

Again "How long does one have to wait"

Anyone out  there know how much compensation we can ask for - the change over was supposed to take 10 days but total [-Censored-]-up by PlusNet has resulted in nearly 2 month delay

If I go back to BT will they be able to provide an immediate service?

OFCOM to be informed tomorrow

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: How lomg is it going to take - Part 4

Sorry to hear you feel that way, though admittedly I should've called you back, but I figured that there's absolutely nothing more we can do to resolve this situation any quicker, and as I've been in regular contact you with via your ticket, I figured that another call back may not progress things.

However, as always I welcome feedback and I'll make sure I call you tomorrow.

While it's entirely your decision if you would like to cancel your order with us and go back to BT Retail/Consumer, it's worth bearing in mind that they'd also use the Openreach and Wholesale network, so it's possible that they'll have the same issues as we're experiencing.

As discussed with you and as per another thread which I've asked our mods to merge to keep everything in one place, I placed an order for a new provision, as the record of the recently used line is essentially broken, and is in hand with our suppliers IT team to fix(Each time we try to use it to place an order, the order gets stuck).

With this in mind, I've been trying to get the new provision order expedited, but sadly each time our suppliers have tried, the order rolls back to the original committed date, which is the 2nd October. So far we've tried 3 times.

I can request that we try a fourth time, but there comes a point where if we try too many times and the expedite is unsuccessful again, this order may simply get stuck in the system and it may cause further delays beyond the 2nd October. From experience, I've known a stuck order take months to fix, so I'm hesitant to try again.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm trying to be as open, honest and transparent with you as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: How lomg is it going to take - Part 4

Moderators Note.
relevant topics merged.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'