Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i know when fibre is active?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How do i know when fibre is active?

Likely because fibre would’ve been showing as available at the time we placed the order.

We rely heavily on the DSL Checker as it’s those records which determine what products we can order from BTW.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our suppliers have submitted an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) to update the system records.

We've been advised to allow 3 working days.

Due to the festive season, we'll need to check back a week today.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pecrow
Dabbler

Thanks so much for pushing this forward. Theres hope yet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. Just checking back now and I see that the cabinet has been updated ahead of schedule.

So I'm contacting our suppliers now to cancel the fibre order that's in place, so we can place a new order against cab 8.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cancellation is in progress and it just be done by the 29th.

We'll check back then.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pecrow
Dabbler

Scheduled to be completed on the 3rd jan but didnt for some reason. Next date i’ve given is the 5th jan. I feel i’ve been patient so far but how long is this debacle going to drag on for? Even if it is BT openreach at fault here, PN should be chewing their ass for all the customer inconvenience. Its a shame, PN used to be a company with great customer support. Now i couldnt recomend them and wish i’d gone elsewhere.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

Due to system issues the expedite failed to be processed through the Openreach systems.

Sadly there isn't much we can do when this happens except request the expedite is put through again.

We're doing everything we possibly can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pecrow
Dabbler

Sorry Gandalf, i do appreciate your personal effort but this whole experience has been very frustrating.

pecrow
Dabbler

Well, what do you know...date of jan 3 came and went without BT connecting me. Then i was given a new date of jan 5. This went by with nothing happening, again because BT couldnt be arsed. New date of jan 8 given, not that i’m holding my breath. If this one fails then my order could be in real trouble as it spirals into some twilight zone in the BT system. 

Now, call me a cynic but it seems that BT OPen reach have been stalling my fibre order since mid-november. I wonder if they are deliberately annoying PN customers so that they leave? I suspect if i went with BT fibre, i’d be sorted now. 

Well, enough’s enough and if this isnt resolved on monday then i’ll be cancelling with PN and submitting a fibre order to sky. 

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi pecrow,

Your posts read as though you beleive that Openreach are behaving maliciously  towards yourself.

There are many threads on the Kitz forum that tell the same story of Openreach line data and systems issues especially when an infill fibre cab is installed.

Openreach line records appear to be in a poor state and I'm guessing but it appears that  the records must be manually updated when lines are transferred from one cab to another. 

This prone to error and confusion....

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Records should be sorted.
We’ve been trying to fast track the fresh fibre order (from a committed date of 16th or 19th IIRC), but sadly the expedite request keeps getting stuck, which basically means that the order is still on the initial committed date.

I’ve been told that should the expedite request be stuck again, it may cause the order itself to become stuck and possibly result in further delays beyond the initial committed date it’s at. Sad

Fingers crossed for Monday!
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pecrow
Dabbler

Hi richard

i dont believe its a personal vendetta at all. I’m just shocked at BT’s inability to complete a simple request. Whether this is due to incompetence, dodgy records or if it is a deliberate effort to swing customers towards BT broadband, i dont know. I can’t imagine this situation would be allowed in other service industries. Again, thanks to Gandalf for his help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to update this thread. We're waiting for a CSNO engineer to go out and correct the routing/complete the required work. Hopefully this is done tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
harrow
Rising Star

Let's be honest,

customers dealing with bt can have lots of problems.

But buying through PN just just adds to the problems,

and that's being honest.

Ticked_off

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
pecrow
Dabbler

I cant fault anoush’s efforts to get this moving but BT openreach have been shocking