cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find details about order?

nursemorph273
Grafter

How do I find details about order?

Hi all, just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of where to find updates on my upgrade please? I upgraded to Fibre on 25th November and, while the activation date is, nominally, today, I have no idea when it will actually be...nor do I have any idea when the router will be arriving (not even sure if it's even been sent yet! My Mum upgraded 2 days before me via Live Chat and was sent an email to confirm her router had been sent yet I upgraded via the website and have received no email) The P+P charge has gone through.

Is there anywhere in the account section that actually shows the progress of the order? It seems strange that there's obvious way to check as that would surely cut down on customer service requests. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

David

7 REPLIES 7
nursemorph273
Grafter

Re: How do I find details about order?

Huh...after some searching, have managed to find order details and progress...not that it's very helpful. 6 days after order and the hardware hasn't been ordered and the Fibre upgrade is showing as pending with a date of 1/1/1970!! I guess this means I'll be lucky to get Fibre before the end of the year judging by the lack of progress so far...least I haven't been waiting as long as others. Guess this'll teach me to order it online..should have phoned or used live chat apparently

sightworthy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I like you placed an order to upgrade to fibre on the 24 of November ,and received an automated email saying This will change over on 1st December 2017.

For days I have been waiting for my router to arrive but no sign of it.
Then when I was looking on the Plusnet Members Centre I clicked on View your questions I then click on the one dated 2017-11-25 01:41:12.

Service Notification
1:41am, Saturday 25 Nov 2017
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.

The transfer will complete by midnight on 12/12/2017.

I would have liked Plusnet to have sent me an Email confirming the new date.

nursemorph273
Grafter

At least you have an update and an activation date....I have nothing at all. As a loyal 10 year+ customer, I find it disappointing that a week after upgrading, nothing has happened...and I was defending PN only last week after someone had poor service. It shouldn't be becessary for me to contact anyone to get someone to do their actual job! Will give it until the day before the 14 day cancellation period and, if nothing has happened, then will be cancelling the upgrade!

nursemorph273
Grafter

Had 5 minutes spare this morning, so thought I'd try Live Chat to see if I could find out what was happening...turns out my Fibre start date has been set for the 12th December and my router was due to be dispatched to coincide with that date...the advisor has arranged for it to be sent early however.

It really would have been nice to be notified of all of this, or even have it mentioned in "My Account" area where the details of the upgrade are!! For award winning service, notifying customers of things is decidedly un-award winning and clearly absent. Good thing I checked or I would have been cancelling the upgrade a few days before it was due to begin Roll_eyes

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@nursemorph273 @sightworthy

Thanks for taking the time to post and I do apologise for the problems you've experienced with the lack of communication.

I'm glad that things are in motion, if you can let us know how the service is looking after the 12th December that would be great.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nursemorph273
Grafter

Will Do Chris. Incidentally, the modem, which was dispatched on the 4th, arrive yesterday, the 5th!! Surprised it arrived so quickly, especially given the Postal Service's slowness this time of year

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear that!

Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet