cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move: two missed completions

theawfulawful

House move: two missed completions

Our ticket number is 157920554.

We had one month left on our contact before an unexpected move. We contacted PlusNet on 15/9, signed up for a two year fibre contract, and were given told that 26/9 was the day that our new property would have internet. That day came and went. We called PlusNet on 27/9 to find out why it hadn't been completed (and absolutely no communication on the missed activation). We were told that we had a new activation date of 6/10, later changed to 7/10. We were also told it could be up to midnight that the activation occurs. Well, that came and went and nothing (including no communication).

I am a student at the OU, and it's vital that I have internet to do my projects, attend tutorials, access resources, and submit assignments. If I had been told that a delay was likely or even a good possibility, I would have gone elsewhere, and paid the fee for the one month left on the contract. The technician seemed to want to blame this in OpenReach, but it's not OpenReach that didn't contact us about an issue with the completion. It wasn't OpenReach that failed to tell us that there could be 9 days between attempts to complete the order.

Right now I feel like a sucker. It'd be something that would be easier to live with if my acedemic progress didn't rely so much on an internet connection. After using your services for a while, I really didn't expect this lack of service from your company. Up until a month ago, I would have recommended your company to people. At this point, I'd suggest people to avoid it if they don't already have an active love or may move anytime soon.
3 REPLIES 3
theawfulawful

Re: House move: two missed completions

Also, my account details are showing our old address. Could this be part of the issue? Not the lack of communication, of course. I'm not sure why it wasn't changed when we were setting up the move almost a month ago.
theawfulawful

Look like it's sorted (thankfully) after ringing customer support. A relief, but the initial problems should be looked into as moving is stressful enough without the weird issues we had with the order completion.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear of the experience you had while moving house, however I'm glad to hear that you're now back online.

I'll make sure the ticket/orders are reviewed and pass feedback on where appropriate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet