Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move problems

jakubala
Dabbler

House move problems

Hello,

Would you be able to give my case a push please? I have moved houses on 21/11. Engineer has been scheduled for 27/11. He came and said it can't be done as there are some routing issues. I got in touch with plusnet via ticketing system and got no response. I'm not available for a phone call. This has happened in the past that I've been left with no Internet for a month. Now I'm thinking of leaving, but I'm not sure what the cost would be (if any).

Can you please advise?

22 REPLIES 22
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: House move problems

Hi @jakubala,

I'm sorry you've had problems with this house move, I've taken a look at what's happened and it's a mess. Leave this with me and let me see if I can get this sorted for you. I'll be able to update you further later this afternoon.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jakubala,

Just to update you I'm waiting back from Openreach regarding getting this activation expedited for you meaning (fingers crossed) everything should be up and running on Monday, most likely Tuesday - although it could be later than this. I'm out of the office now until Monday afternoon but will update you again when I'm back in. 

Any issues over the weekend let us know and one of the other forum staff will be happy to assist in anyway they can. 

jakubala
Dabbler

Hi JOLO,

Thank you very much for this! Have a great weekend!

jakubala
Dabbler

Hello, I've just had a call from openreach engineer. My old number has been ceased, he said plus net need to sort this out now as he was unable to connect my line.

Still no internet 😕

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@jakubala,

We've had confirmation that the fast track order will complete tomorrow in an AM slot. Your old number has to be ceased because you've moved out of that premises, and we need to move it to the new one. All being well you'll have your connections back up tomorrow. 

jakubala
Dabbler

Hi, I'm still with no Internet. Can you please check? When I connect a phone directly to the outlet at home there is no signal.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@jakubala,

I'm sorry to say this but Openreach have had problems getting the services activated and matching the orders to bring things forward, it's been escalated yesterday to Openreach's service management and we're just waiting for an update. 

jakubala
Dabbler

Hello, is there any update on this please?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @jakubala

Thank you for getting in touch. I have investigated your account and sent an update for you here

Kind Regards

jakubala
Dabbler

Hi Ollie,

I've been getting messages that my Internet has been fixed many times now. Sadly, nothing has changed. I don't even get the phone signal. Tried with the splitter and connecting the phone directly to the socket. The line is dead. No phone, no internet.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there and cheers for giving that a try for us, line tests are still showing us that there's a physical disconnection in the line somewhere so we've made them aware that the fault still needs looking into. I'm sorry that we don't have a more positive update at the moment but we'll let you know as soon as we get the next response back from them. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jakubala
Dabbler

Can you please investigate further as I still have no Internet?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @jakulaba,

I'm very sorry that you still have no working internet connection and for the delay in getting back to you on here. I can see that you have now discussed this with our technical support team and they have found a fault on your line that lies external to your property. Our supplier's estimated response time is by the 9th of January and our faults team will contact you once we've received an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jakubala
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me. Engineer visit (4th visit if I recall correctly now) has been scheduled for today 8am-1pm. No sign of the engineer as of yet.