cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move- phone line active but no fibre?

FIXED
Jkh88093
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

House move- phone line active but no fibre?

Hello all,

My fibre/phone is due to come on today (after a 2 week delay due to plus net)

I received a text at 11.30am saying my phone line has been active but nothing for the broadband nearly 7 hours later? Is this normal?

I know it says to wait until midnight but I need to make arrangements to go into the office if I know it won't be working by tomorrow morning.

Thanks
Josh
11 REPLIES 11
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: House move- phone line active but no fibre?

Yes it's normal as you say it is up to midnight for the Broadband to be made active, you can check here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

look for the info at the bottom it will say if the order is still pending and what date it's expected to be done.

Jkh88093
Dabbler

Thanks, the site says available but still no joy here--is this just a case of waiting until midnight then?
Terranova667
Pro

Yeah, Plusnet wouldn't be able to do anything before then, if you're still getting nothing after midnight they can raise a fault for you.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Jkh88093
Dabbler

30 hours since activation date and nothing. Will ring plusnet when they open.
Jkh88093
Dabbler

Apparently there is a fault on the line so now have to wait 72 hours for an update from open reach.
Really disappointing service from plusnet, its now going to be over 2 weeks later than the date originally stated by the move team.

Less than ideal when there are 2 people working from home full time, and have had to make various short term plans to find alternatives to working from home.
Enders13

I'm having the exact same issue, I haven't got to the possibility of a fault yet but that checker says available. Who told you about the fault, BT or Plusnet?

Jkh88093
Dabbler

I called up plusnet and they in turn opened a fault with open reach.
Jkh88093
Dabbler

Can I ask, will my Broadband be working 72 hours within the fault raise date, or will it simply be an update?

Is there an approximate lead time I can get on this being resolved? It is a massive inconvenience having no internet, especially seeing as my employer is working from home until the end of 2020, and special arrangements have to be made if this is not possible.

I have had to start a new contract for this house move, and am considering simply cancelling and moving to virgin, who have told me they can have me up and running in 3-5 days.

Thanks,

Terranova667
Pro

Who knows is the answer Plusnet give 72hrs but there is no guarantee at all that the fault will be fixed in that time only that they should have an answer from Openreach, not much Plusnet can do really they can only report the problem the rest is down to Openreach.

Jkh88093
Dabbler

Fix

Rang plusnet up yesterday and they advised performing a soft cease and reprovide. Got a text from openreach later. Think they may have come to the property, unsure as I was out. All working now.