cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - offered fibre in an area where fibre is unavailable

nw677
Dabbler

House move - offered fibre in an area where fibre is unavailable

I informed the House Move team on August 11th who offered to upgrade my service to fibre as part of the move. Fatal mistake! Almost a month has gone by (the removal lorry has been and gone) and we've been in our new house for weeks and still nowhere near getting any broadband. After 6 calls totalling over three hours of phone time, I discover today that the reason my order has failed so many times is that the local cabinet has no capacity for fibre. Why does OpenReach not tell Plusnet about the feasibility of an order? And why was I not contacted directly to say the fibre upgrade was not even achievable? The last service update on my order said the service 'will be active by midnight on 9th Sept'. Yet this morning (10th) the 'system says' that fibre is not possible in my area. Frustrated is not the word. Every customer service agent apologises and promises to do their best, but nothing happens. Outward communication to the customer is virtually non-existent and I'm left staring at the red flashing light on the router, wishing I had refused the original offer of the fibre upgrade ... or just sack the whole lot off and go with BT...