Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - no broadband and have to change number again

FIXED
Choneybone

House move - no broadband and have to change number again

Connection day last Friday.
Now Tuesday still with no broadband (phone on new land line number OK). Problem raised by phone yesterday and told solved. Still no connection 2hrs later and 2nd phone call with ticket raised and warning I probably need to get new account as it is a known Plusnet problem! - means another new land-line number apparently. Nightmare as just advised 300 contacts and all online accounts of new number and new address. Just tried connecting at 2 am, after midnight and nothing. Will wait until 24hrs is up at 2 pm, but not looking good and having sleepless night thinking of all that work to do again. If anyone can assist may save me ditching plusnet after 20+ years!

Engineer checked router and speed on Friday - OK. Waited for new number to connect 2 hrs latet - OK. Then just no broadband since. Was told the old reference number had not been changed.
5 REPLIES 5
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: House move - no broadband and have to change number again

Hi @Choneybone, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the issues you're having with your service. I'll get this chased up with our Provisioning Team and ask they update you as soon as possible with regards to the account.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is causing,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Choneybone

Thanks, if you did try.  Nightmare come true and have had to change account with new telephone number after only a week with the old new number.  All down to Plusnet internal systems.  Over 20 years more than happy with PN and referred several peope.  Now devastated that a simple house move for health reasons has created so much havoc at a very stressful time.

Even worse with a new username I now feel sick that this will mean the end of my old email address that I had for 20 years - never mentioned during call to raise new account.  Waiting to see what happens but think I will jump off cliff if I have to ditch old email!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @Choneybone

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened.

From what I can see you spoke with one of my colleagues regarding this yesterday and they've managed to get this resolved for you

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Choneybone

Thanks. Yes, a magician called Fred fixed the rogue component that had been causing the problem that no-one else was able to fix. So no change of account, phone number or email needed. Phew! Thanks for getting involved.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it @Choneybone!

I can confirm the new account that we set up has been closed as well

If you have any further issues let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team