cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - need internet for work - delayed activation

rmcmaster

House move - need internet for work - delayed activation

I ordered on the 26th, due for completion on the 6th at my new house. I have still not received confirmation that the internet is active, the customer service line could only tell me it was "delayed" after a 30 minute wait and gave me another number to call because that team didn't work Sundays.

I work from home and am due back to work Monday 9th Oct. So the stress of the house move was enough but when your household income relies on an internet service that is currently none existent - my stress is through the roof. Am I going to lose out on income because of this? Especially when Plusnet decide to charge you the moment you order, I feel it's very unfair and unacceptable.

Is there any kind of compensation offered for this? And when will the internet be active? Can anyone help?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: House move - need internet for work - delayed activation

Put your phone number in here and see if it says anything about an open order.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Do you have a Residential or a Business account?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rmcmaster

Hey Brian,

I can't see a thing about an open order, a bunch of 'available though.
Cheers.
rmcmaster

Residential, I work for a charity where I work from home and from an office when needed.
rmcmaster

My bad, I see it now. Says 16th of October!? No way I can wait that long.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @rmcmaster

Looking over the account/orders I see the order was initially committed for 06/10/17, however on the 6th, we received notification from our suppliers advising that Openreach had missed the appointment and we were asked at this point to review the order on 16/10/17, shortly after this a committed appointment came through for the 16th.

Yesterday it looks like this matter was escalated, given the reason for the delay, and a new appointment has been provided for 11/10/17.

While I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, I can assure you that we're doing all we can to work with our suppliers to get you online as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet