cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move issues

jgfry
Dabbler

House move issues

I am thoroughly dissatisfied and frustrated with Plusnet and the latest saga in my time with them as a customer.

I joined circa 2013 and all was good. Decent service, easy negotiation each year and good price. Last year I had massive issues getting upgraded to fibre (documented in my thread history) and since then constant slow speeds (also in thread history).

I phoned a few weeks back to arrange our house move which was due to complete on the 25th Feb. This was all processed fine, but I was told my new property had a cease scheduled on the 22nd Feb - but this wouldn't be an issue as Plusnet would cover the £49.99 for a new line installation and would cover the engineer cost and admin fee. In exchange I was told I needed to re-commit to a new 18 month contract and my monthly price would go up to contribute towards all these costs Plusnet had incurred. I wasn't sure that was really kosher but went with it.

A day later I get a phone call and voicemail from another agent to say that my house move couldn't be processed because of the pending cease at the new house and I would have to pay £49.99. I also had a ticket raised with the same message which i replied to, explaining the above. Next day I had another voicemail and a ticket reply, from another agent stating that I would have to pay the fee and the switch would go through on the 22nd. Well this was no good to me as I didn't move in until the 25th and didn't want my service cut off at my old house three days early. I again put this forward and then got a phone call from a third person that said to disregard the other agents because they didn't know what they were talking about!! I even had that written in the ticket on my account. I can't fault this staff member though as he arranged to keep my service at the old house until the move date, and reassured me the new house would be switched on the 22nd at no cost to me.

However, lo and behold, we move in on the 25th and red light on the router and flashing 'b' icon. Although it should have been set up since the 22nd, I still waited until after midnight on the 25th, but no joy. The next day 26th I raised a fault ticket. I got an immediate automated response saying a fault had been detected on my line but the ticket is now on hold until the 1st March.

We've now had no internet for 4 days, despite Plusnet having weeks and weeks of notice. There's been no update on my fault ticket and nothing appears to be happening. Why is it that when a fault ticket is raised, with an identified issue, that it is put on hold for several days?? Why is it that in the run up to the move I was told different things by four different members of staff?? If I wasn't on the ball, or was perhaps elderly/vulnerable then I would've paid the £49.99 when it wasn't justified.

Please can I have an update and my fault escalated?Everytime I seem to upgrade or move house, something goes wrong and I lose internet for days/weeks on end. That doesn't seem right and the only way I have ever got things sorted in the past is to come on here and publicly post about it. It shouldn't have to be this hard.

Needless to say it has made the first week in our new home very difficult. We live in the sticks so rely on WiFi calling and have no mobile signal to get things done and essential 'new home admin' completed.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't believe this is a sustainable business model if Plusnet can't handle basic upgrades and home moves. My experience of it in the last few years has been apalling.

Please can I be updated at the earliest opportunity, thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: House move issues

Thank you for your time on the telephone today it has been a pleasure and please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you have encountered during your house move.

I have created a complaint ticket for you here

If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @jgfry,

Further to our last communication.

I've sent an update for you here.

We'll be in touch again after the weekend.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

jgfry
Dabbler

Hello,

Thanks for the updates Tahir in Oliver's absence.

Unfortunately midnight has passed and still no internet, with a solid orange light and solid orange broadband light.

I've tried resetting, factory restoring the hub and different telephone sockets with no change.

Please could you take a look for me? I will also update the original fault ticket in case you are away for the weekend.

Thanks
jgfry
Dabbler

@LordFoul - meant to tag you in my previous post!
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @jgfry,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm really sorry to hear this, please accept my apologies for the order not completing. I've looked into it and sent you my response here.

Thanks - LF

jgfry
Dabbler

Hi @LordFoul @OllieC

Any update please?? Still no connection
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jgfry, Ollie has just chased this up for you and provided an update on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jgfry
Dabbler

Thanks @LaurenB, I've just updated the ticket again for @OllieC
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

OK great thank you for your reply, we will be sure to update you tomorrow once we know more. Any issues in the meantime, just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team