cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move (extremely stressful)

Jarryd
Dabbler

House move (extremely stressful)

So where do I start. Maybe I'll start at the point where plusnet states on there website that you'll have a hassle free move when it comes to them switching over to a new home.... wrong!!!! I was ment to have been connected on the 19th it is now the 2nd after approximately spending 4hours in call ques and conversation maybe 5 to be more precise. I'm still no further down the line. Every time I ring I get fobed off with the same excuse "there's a bridge case open we are waiting for an update this could take so many hours/days" theres only so much waiting we can take! As you know you need to be connected to change bills address's and more importantly check work emails. I'm highly disappointed as up until I have rated plusnet and they have let me down big time. I am now in this dilemma as to wait it out and hope this next "update" will finally to solve this issue or do I just switch provider and wait another 2 weeks or more to be connected with them. Grrrrrrr! This is the only stress I've had with moving!
20 REPLIES 20
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: House move (extremely stressful)

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like it's other parts of BT that are currently letting you down. When it comes to chasing them, and getting action, as the budget BT ISP Plusnet would appear to be at the bottom of the pile. My guess would be that unless you are prepared to pay a lot more and go for the end of the market where the ISP has sufficient resources to sit on the responsible organisation's back until they get things moving, that going elsewhere is unlikely to speed things up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jarryd
Dabbler

Yeah that's a very good point after finally speaking to someone who actually made sense and didn't feed me with any [-Censored-] it looks like we're just going to have to wait. It's just frustrating when you've spent around 4 hours on hold plus £100 on tempory internet (long story) and not having phone signal at the place we have moved to (which isn't plusnets fault) we was highly relying on being connected to track bills to contact and change over other things. Just out of interest what other company's would sit on the responsible pile? I know plusnet do very reasonable prices for broadband provided hence why I've decided to stick at it and I was also told finally today from there advisors that most company's have to go through bt which I didn't know.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

The unfortunate fact is that unless you go to a cable company the wire that comes into your home is provided by BT. If you go to a company such as AAISP or Zen they will have more resources to apply to your problem, which of course you have to pay for in higher subscriptions, but even they can’t walk on water.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Jarryd, I am really sorry for the issues you have encountered since moving house.

It looks like the delay has been explained and being dealt with our Provisioning Team on this ticket. They will get back to you once they receive further updates but if we can assist further in the meantime, please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Jarryd
Dabbler

Still no further down the line it's now been a month!!! After just spending yet again an hour and a half on the phone I've been given the same excuse. The thing is I got told last Friday that the case has been resolved and that I'm online.... wrong!! She Evan give me my good will gesture!. But it was all another lie yet again I've been promised by 2 separate people that they will keep me updated one guy messaged me once the other guy didn't bother at all. I'm just getting to the end of my tether with it all. Why promise a service that you can't 100% garentee as it's really bt who are the ones in control?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jarryd, 

It's a shame to see that this hasn't been resolved yet and I'm sorry for the further delays. 

I've just been chasing this up with our supplier and have escalated it further, I've been advised that the system issue affecting the order will be resolved today, following that the order will be expedited to complete within just a few days. 

As there's clearly been some issues getting you the right updates on this I'm taking ownership of keeping you updated going forward and I'll take time to pass on some feedback to the agents that took your calls about this. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jarryd
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.

The thing is I've heard this time and time again from different people and yet the problem still hasn't been resolved. I can't take anyone's word for it anymore as I've already been told that its been resolved and that wasn't the case.
so now I have to wait another weekend and possibly a couple more days before it's finally sorted. Good timing as I am on holiday next week luckily in this country, so hopefully I should be all connected when I return?

Hopefully you can understand my frustration as I've been passed from pillar to post as you've probably seen reading through my tickets.

Thanks again for looking into this.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, yes I genuinely understand the frustration and I was already aware that what I've mentioned might in some way echo previous updates which unfortunately is hard to avoid sometimes and difficult to defend. 

However things work out I will stick with you until we've got this resolved and I feel continued ownership by one person such as myself should give the continuity of support we need to see this through. 

Whilst I can't make a promise I'm confident things are reaching a conclusion with this, if as we've been promised we can get an expedite request moving tomorrow the connection would be completed within a further few days. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jarryd
Dabbler

Hi Adam
I have now been told that my current order has been cancelled from the suppliers system and that a new one is being replaced.
Why wasn't it done sooner if that was the issue?
Also does this now mean that I am going to have to wait a minimum of 10 days for it to complete?

All I want is a straight answer for once and I'm not directing that at you (as I am now receiving the updates you promised) I'm directing that at the company.

Many thanks
Jarryd
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Jarryd,

Basically the order was stuck in Openreach's systems and their best efforts and intentions to get this progressed via their usual methods just haven't worked, and have taken an alarming amount of time to get to this point where it's admitted that cancellation is the only option left. 

It wasn't cancelled sooner because often this can cause further problems, having a half completed order on a line can then cause a mark on it that is incredibly difficult to get removed (in some cases) and in turn mean waiting even longer than following Openreach's process flows. It generally a last resort situation. 

When we're able to replace the order (the broken one now shows as cancelled but we're just waiting for the line to update as clear) we're going to expedite it for next day completion. If we're able to do this today then the order should complete tomorrow, in reality the expectation I'd set is to expect service by Wednesday at the earliest. 

Jarryd
Dabbler

Any updates please?
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Jarryd,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate you've been waiting for an update.

I have looked into this and can see that we are still waiting for a response on the expedite request, this was chased up earlier today and we will be looking at it again tomorrow, notes will be on the same ticket number you have.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks.

Jarryd
Dabbler

Yet again another week gone by with no outcome!!!! Got to wait till Monday now to get another so called "update" why can't they just fast track it? surely bt know how long this has taken it's pathetic.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Jarryd 

Thanks for the patience and understanding you are continuing to show whilst we work on this issue for you. 

As soon as we are provided with an update we shall let you know. 

Thanks,

MoR